1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Łukasz Załuska

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Kiko 7, Jan 9, 2014.

Discuss Łukasz Załuska in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shane1888

Ah well, that's that fecked :smiley-laughing002:

2. pokerbhoy74

Would have no problem with that either, we could give the young Italian lad Fasan some games too but I'd have no problem seeing out the campaign with Zaluska as #1 if we punted Forster.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

During that time I cannot think of a single game where he personally was at fault for any of the goals we lost. You have to remember he had a defence in front of him that couldn't defend for *, including: Rogne, josh Thompson, Edson Braffheid, Jos hooiveld, Danny Fox.

4. Sammy777

IMO Zaluska is capable of being no1 if Forster leaves. He should get a chance to prove that he can. I really like him. He reminds me a lot of Boruc

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Maybe the mods could add a pole?

6. Sammy777

Yeah that would be a good idea

7. GMS

:56:

8. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

The league is basically won,I would like to see him get more game time in the SPL

9. murphy88

I personally don't think he could step up and be our number 1. The game against Inter Milan in Dublin sticks in my mind when I think about him also. When he should have come and collected a long ball, but misjudged the bounce of the ball and (Castaignos) IIRC, nipped in and lobbed him.

10. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's no more than an average goalkeeper and is not Celtic no.1 material imo but he's a capable back up goalie and he does seem to have passion for the club so alls good.

11. MacEoghainn

I like the guy, too.

Decent back-up.

12. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I think he's good to have around the club. Good back up, doesn't mind being no.2, experienced head in the dressing room, and loves the club (even with limited playing time). Don't get many guys like that.

13. doctor venglos

I would like to see Zaluska get a crack at the No.1 spot if Forster leaves, I think he would take it with both hands.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Decent back-up but not good enough to be first choice keeper imo.

15. OMcG25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Naka, Sammi
    Yep, like to see him get a chance at the no.1 spot when fraser goes. Would like to see him given a few games in the league before the end of this season. Remeber watching him when he was at dundee united and was very impressed.

16. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

thought he was good today, unlucky with the shoot out, should of saved the second its just bad luck it hit the post and went in

17. KevvyBhoy

I think if Forster leaves this January he should be given until the end of the season as number 1, and sold on if he doesn't impress, unless of course he's happy being number 2.

Problem I've always had with Zaluska is that whenever he's been given the opportunity at a long-term shot in the jersey he blows it, IMO because I don't think he can handle the pressure of being number 1 which is surprising because he was exceptional at Dundee United.

When Boruc left I'd have been more than happy to have Zaluska as a long-term replacement but he was absolutely awful pre-season and basically forced us to look into acquiring another keeper.

Similarly, when Forster left after his first loan spell, we looked at Zaluska briefly before plumping for Forster yet again, IMO because he simply wasn't showing the form.

Maybe he just takes a while to settle in to playing regularly, but we can't rely on that if we've got European qualifiers. If he did play until the end of the season he'd be at least given a good shot at showing what he was made of and with our defensive record this season and likelihood of winning the league there'd be no better time to make a decision if Forster leaves.

18. Vertie Auld

I think we should sell Forster & play Załuska till the end of the season. He's more than good enough for Scottish football & we'll be playing someone whose future lies at Celtic.

19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    No rush to sell Forster. Guys a class above but I do like zaluska. He loves it at Celtic and has been happy being no.2. Good keeper but when we've got a Forster just now we should look at a similar replacement, or potentially as good.

But as for tonight's performance... (And Thursdays) outstanding. Deservesa lot of credit

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Didn't put a foot wrong tonight,saved everything that came his way in the 90,came off his line and punched what needed to be and caught a few to relive any pressure off the young back four who put in a big shift..

Unlucky with one of the penalties but solid game..