1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to stay away on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Soul Rebel, Dec 14, 2013.

Discuss Are you going to stay away on Saturday? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmac

boycotting the game only hits the club in the pocket if fans are paying at the gate as it is they have the money for the season tkts so no loss of revenue. all supporters clubs should be getting together and demanding a meeting with the board and asking for explanations to the badgering of fans by stewards and police. If you want to make a stand against the criminilisation of fans then go and protest outside the Scottish parliment and take solicitors to witness and record any harassment from police.

2. Jinky.

Aye

128 good tims have been banned for nothing.
    That isn't acceptable either.

4 arrested at Fir Park and none of them were in the GB.

3. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

The amount of support for the board I am reading on facebook, kind of surprises me tbh. Would there be enough supporters to take action against the board?

4. Sween

Nope. Not even close in my opinion.

I think if every single season book holder who felt strongly against the board wasn't to turn up on Saturday I doubt you would notice any difference from last week.

I sense the level of discontent on here regarding the board isn't reflected in the majority of people who go to the games each week.

5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Noticed that they don't have the balls anymore,on Celtic's Facebook page,to post statements which they know will have a significantly negative reaction,such as the recent disbandment of section 111.

They were taking absolute pelters the last time.

6. TB RIP

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk on
    I would take part in a protest to support FAC at the game but not a boycott. The board have their monies in this season from season tickets and CL and it would be quite happy to sit it out.
    Fan pressure within the ground is the answer!

7. Dáibhí

There isn't even a real level of discontent on this forum either to be honest. In the recent poll threads most have voted not to stay away this Saturday from the Hearts game, most have voted in favour of Lawwell staying, and slightly more have said they will be returning to Celtic Park after recent events.

Basically, at the time of me typing this, all of the polls are weighted in favour of the board and the club.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You can still go to a game without backing the board and club. Remember we still have players to back. People can go and also show their discontent for the board. Especially people who have shelled out on season tickets, why would they waste their money.

9. TheHappyLoss

Think its difficult, they have run the club reasonably well and handled themselves fairly well during the Hun dying thing. They've been spot on with the pricing of domestic and European tickets. Although in the last year their treatment of the fans has been abysmal.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They would the nearer it gets to renewal time.

11. Dáibhí

I really doubt we'll see many fans refusing to renew their season tickets.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We shall see. I know a few whose giving them up after 10+ years. Which is a shame.

13. pete0301

Funny how I think the exact opposite, that this forum is more biased towards the boards than those who often go to games. Especially if you get to the away fans. The crowd was down this week, probably around 25,000. It will be less next week. If another group does not replace the GB, then it will go down again and again.

14. Dáibhí

It's easy to say that in December, but come the summer when there are new signings, Champions League games etc it could be a different story.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No, it's really not easy to say. People whose lives basically are organised round going to the games stopping to go is a major thing.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Another group isn't going to fix this. People who wont be turning up wont be doing it because there isn't a singing section.

There is a much deeper problem here which I think is going to take a lot longer than a week for the majority to catch on to.

17. Celtic_Jorge

I just don't understand it.

How did we go from NL presenting the trophy to the GB, winning the double, getting to the final 16 of the champions league,etc, to where we are now... People saying theyre not going to games before crimbo hits, the GB banned, etc. When there is the league to play for, the Scottish Cup.. Its just sad. What the * is wrong with the people running this club?

18. Dáibhí

We'll see how empty the stadium is on the first day of the season when we unfurl the flag then.

19. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    For the first time ever yes i am thinking of considering staying away if it helps get the point across to the hierarchy of the club and also the media to an extent. However, there really needs to be some proper organisation of it for it to be really noticed - like a campaign to post on social media and other forums, but not one from the GB for example. Lets see the club say theres 46K present in a stadium with less than 20K.

20. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    I definitely agree that if there was some form of protest outside during the game it would have more impact, but it would need to be properly organised through CSC's. I wouldn't even know how to start even trying to piece something like that together.