1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to stay away on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Soul Rebel, Dec 14, 2013.

Discuss Are you going to stay away on Saturday? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Woody

Protest you say? Well pass me one of those lovely black and red scarves.

My idea of protest - 2000 fans, 4000 eggs, lawell + car, throw eggs at car and repeat every weekend.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

[​IMG]

Did it work for United? It's a decent idea, just a subtle way of expressing our opinion. I'd like to see the stewards take these off fans in a full stadium. Imagine getting the place sold out with 75% of fans wearing the same scarf and singing their hearts out. Would be unreal.

3. Sween

Indeed.

Protesting by not going to a game on a weekend before Christmas, when the weather is *, the kick off is early, and we are playing the bottom of the
    league team....

If attention is seriously what fans want they should wait until the cup final and boycott that. Imagine a cup final at celtic park with the celtic half of the stadium empty!

But I sense that isn't going to happen.

4. Ruxin

It is a hard one. If you have a Boycott then the people not attending the game would have to congregate somewhere else to ensure that their absence wouldn't be explained away by weather or time of year.

5. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Too true mate. How many people calling for a boycott actually go to Celtic Park regularly? It's easy to say withdraw your support if you dont already go. If you want to protest do as other posters have suggested and protest outside the main stand,there will be plenty of press and other fans there to make your points to.

6. joe mcgee

Very true that a boycott would be pointless ATM with the crowds being low anyway you won't be able to tell! Would love to see a massive crowd with the scarves and banners would make more of a point

7. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    That will just make the board think they were right and we are happy with everything.

8. joe mcgee

I mean scarves like the green and gold man utd ones and banners in protest

9. fms06

I believe a cp with only 10,000 inside would be a massive slap in the face of the plc

10. kevski82

I agree with much of what the green brigade stand for,but I've been a Celtic fan since long before these guys existed, and will be a fan long after they're gone. That's the one constant in all this devisiveness.

11. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

I have been to 3 away games this season only, have not been to parkhead yet and was planning a trip this festive period.

That's been kiboshed with all this * going on

12. ColeraineBhoy

At this rate I'm just going to be a Hibernian supporter.

13. leeso-ardoyne

Had a game planned for Feb/march to bring me,the misses and 3 kids over from ireland for a game. Have canceled it now as I'll support the fans just as much as I have supported the team over the years. There's slot of my mates saying the same, they won't be back unfill this is all sorted out!

14. 88SuperHooper88

I know I'm bringing THEM into it. But like 1/2 years ago they had red & black scarves, what was that about and did it achieve anything? :rip_1:

15. 88SuperHooper88

This isn't just about the green brigade.

Yesterday... No green brigade, we're all in it now.

16. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I'm waiting for someone to suggest orchestrated sonic attacks in the direction of Lawell to give him a fright.

If people were being told to remove Green Brigade gear then that isn't acceptable though, I would want another statement from the club over it.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Pointless idea.

There wouldn't be enough people to make a noticeable difference as far too many are apathetic to this whole issue or just downright hate the GB and can't differentiate between them and the wider issues at hand, either through ignorance or just plain stupidity.

I would also imagine a fair chunk of the people sympathetic to this cause don't get to attend Celtic Park much anymore through being priced out of the game.

18. pete0301

The sad truth is that there does not need to be a deliberate boycott, it will happen naturally unless something drastic changes.

19. Sween

Not when 35000 or so of the seats are already paid for. The board wouldn't give a toss.

20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Correct.