1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The return of Mo Bangura

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by 30stm87, Nov 23, 2013.

Discuss The return of Mo Bangura in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Think he'll become a beast for us.....mark my words:icon_mrgreen:

2. Mr. Slippyfist

I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think it took a bit of bottle for him to play like that against us, knowing fine well he may have a chance of coming back.

He had no reason other than to treat us as the opposition, and do well for his (then) current club.

3. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hat-trick tomorrow I am calling it now :56:

4. northeast67

If he bangs goals in he will be forgiving

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Who is she?

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I know what your saying,it took guts after Lenny and everyone had basically warned him not to play,I get that..
    The thing for me wasn't whether he played,well at the time it was but looking back that wasn't the real issue neither was trying your best to win..
    It was the diving,trying to get Wilson sent off,his other tussles with players and his reaction to the support as he was subbed off at celtic park,are the main things I can't accept..
    I'm sure there was even more over there than what I've said..

Thing is he could probably do a job for us right now,he's different to anything we have,his strength and pace being the main thing but I won't be able to take to him if he pulls on the jersey again..

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, the incident with Wilson was * poor, but I can appreciate his reaction towards our crowd considering he was booed mercilessly for the majority of the game.

We've signed players who have been as aggressive towards us in the past mate - Steven Pressley ffs! :87:

Give him a chance :50:

8. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    He was doing his job when playing against us; we only have our own club to blame for not putting the clause in. He showed some signs of potential against us too, causing a few dodgy moments! Hope he comes back and does a turn for us

9. Mr. Slippyfist

This - we put him in an insufferable position (albeit we probably never expected this situation to arise).

I thought it was pretty poor the way we tried to bully and blackmail him in the build up to the match - I believe Lennon came out and said something like he'd never play for the club again if he played against us, or something to that effect?

10. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm surprised that anyone holds his Elfsborg performances against him. It wasnt his choice and everyone knows it.

He's had a very tough year, more so some at the club. I still want him to do well despite the odds of it.

He's our player, we should support him to the hilt tbh because there have been quite a few players that made it or broke because of the CP crowd. We should want all players on our books to succeed imo!

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    The thing is he'd done nothing to endear himself to the faithful during his stint with us bar a goal in Marbella infront of about 10 * up holiday makers of ours,that and knowing it was in his hands whether to play or not he must have known he'd be in for a frosty reception..
    Instead of getting down and letting the football do the talking,which we all would have accepted and if he did we probably wouldn't even be discussing this he acted the * and really played up..

Steven Pressley fair point,i didn't like the signing at all at first but he did a job and I give him credit for that..

I'm a stubborn *,always been told it so maybe it's just me..
    If he comes back banging them I'm and showing 110% like he did for the first time against us I might change my opinion..:50:

12. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Mo Bang Bang

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHYlSxQyJM"]Bang Bang -My Baby Shot Me Down- Nancy Sinatra 1966 - YouTube[/ame]

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Personally I thought he tried like * during his games for us mate - always willing to get into the channels and drive forward. Definitely showed wee glimpses here and there in his brief time before going off on loan.

I think us signing players for the Swedish leagues et al that play their leagues at different times has been a wee bit of a problem for us with trying to integrate players into our squad (see Hooiveld and Rasmussen for examples) as they have usually played either half a season or a full season before coming straight to Celtic.

Don't worry mate, I'm a stubborn * as well - just wanna see players in the team who are trying their hardest and never give up :50:

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It got to a painful stage willing him to score..
    He was running channels but never looked close to scoring or getting shots off even..
    Watching him play for elfsborg was dare I say it how I wished he would have played for us,leading the line,hold up play,a real genuine threat who at times terrorised our defence almost like eminike of spartak..
    Was completely different I thought to the player we had.

That's a good point about bringing guys straight over from scandanvia when they are halfway through a season and we are in pre season..
    A few haven't worked out,those you've mentioned prime examples..

Mate I say it now but if he comes back and proves me wrong about his commitment and attitude to us then I'll give him a try..
    I'll admit it won't be overnight though :50:

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Perseverance mate :56::56::50:

I must admit, the fact that he was recommended by non other than Henrik Larsson gives me hope that this mad * is a player!

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    My glass half empty mentality and yours half full :56:
    I look at it as a reason I don't want the king over here as a manager on that recommendation alone :97::icon_mrgreen:

17. Mr. Slippyfist

I never want Larsson as a manager for fear of his reputation being ruined :54:

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Nothing would ever tarnish it for me but I don't want him here because of the fear that I do think he would flop..
    He doesn't deserve that or the younger generation who didn't get to see him remember him as the crap manager..

As a coach,most definetly,invaluable asset in that department but he's taking the main man role and good luck to him..

19. Mr. Slippyfist

20. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He was elfsborg's best player at parkhead and the best player on the park in Sweden, I remember he nearly scored a cracking overhead kick, I'd give him another chance.