1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic chat opinions?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Sep 25, 2013.

Discuss Celtic chat opinions? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    No names please. This is a thread asking for general opinions.

2. Doire_Bhoy

Some people may not realise the diversity on the main forum is reflected among the gold members as well.

3. C2911

I don't want to start a whole new argument in here, but one of my biggest problems with certain members of this forum relate to topics regarding the IRA and their relevance to Celtic. Whenever the topic rears it's head it seems like if you're not a supporter of singing the rebels at games etc. (even if you're not against people having certain views) then you're in the wrong and that's that.

Usually met with the standard ":97:" response.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

This has turned into a bit like a TC family therapy session.

Next thing the big, blue foam baseball bats will be getting handed out :56::56::icon_mrgreen:

[​IMG]

5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Maybe i am just a * and no one wants to tell me...

Rhetorical by the way before some smart * answers... i'm a great guy.

6. pod

It was the bold Daleer. Not sure some get his sense of humour at times.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That's one that will take this highly of subject but what I'll say on it is it is a highly emotive subject and one that has no right answer. People get shirty about it because it does evoke emotional responses on both sides of the fence.

8. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    People have a problem with people trying to stop others from singing rebel songs, no one cares if you don't like them you just need to respect that a lot of Celtic fans do.

9. Pinstripe

Lion...can we open up a bookie thread on who the * lickers are...I can do with winning some Vs .

10. pod

I would if I though it were the case but I tend to pick up the occasional yellow card for merely pointing it our to the more deserving cases.:icon_mrgreen:

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A yellow? That's atrocious, I'm usually a straight red for that!

I'm on a run though, not been banned in about 6 months :icon_mrgreen:

12. Doire_Bhoy

I second this. :smiley-laughing002:

13. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

"I have the names of certain individuals............"

14. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cheers....

Hold on, you trying to bribe me in the case of future possible yellow card? I am on the disciplinary panel who shall not be named. :86:

15. pod

:56::56:

Tbf, two of them were for hun related incidents which I was entirely innocent of.:icon_mrgreen:

16. Dianbobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    There tends to be trends of negative thoughts on the forum, a couple of years ago it was widely considered that the team where 'bottlers' and Lennon was incapable of managing the team to victory in a match of any significance, this was completely ludicrous of course.

Recently the prevailing opinion seems to be that we should be winning the treble reasonably easy, obviously the result against Morton was bizarre and very disappointing but in no way do I consider it as a marker of the quality of our team. It's hard to compete on three fronts domestically whilst giving a good account of ourselves in Europe. We are in a period at the moment where even though we have lost quality players there is still a lot of talent in the team and there will many success stories and great European nights to enjoy over the next few years, I think some people need to relax a bit and enjoy the ride, it's a great time to be a tim!

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That was me I think. :icon_mrgreen:

Tongue was firmly in cheek on that one.

FFS, what does post count have to do with anything? I've typed more words than you therefore I am better than you? Pish.

I would love it if we could somehow hide post counts so everyone was equal.

It doesn't hide the fact that I am on here a lot (I am grown up now and stay in most of the time) and can gauge posting patterns and the people who annoy me are the ones who only show up when the * hits the fan.

I debate with plenty of people on here just fine, just today I had a debate of sorts with Murphy I think it was and I conceded that he made some good points and I respected that because he is also around when * is good so I know he isn't just trying to get a reaction.

Look, I know a few of the posts in this thread are directed at me and that's fine, I'm an opinionated * and I speak my mind I always have. Even in real life I'm marmite and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I want people to like me for me, not for what someone thinks I should be. So I say what I want and if you think I'm spot on, good, if not... Well I couldn't really give a *.

It's got me through life just fine and I've made some firm friends along the way, people I know who like me for me because that's just the way i am.

18. Dallas Cowbhoys

Yea it was, like I said I wasn't sure if he was being serious.

Similar to this, the politics that are inevitably mentioned in every thread. Like the Andy Murray thread. We're apparently in the wrong now if we like him, and somehow go against Celtic and what we stand for.

And then I really don't want to get into this but I actually agreed with part of Wanyama67 (I think) was saying about the anti-Scottishness that sometimes rears it's head on here. And some of the Irish posters get far too defensive for me, and then have the gall to accuse us of being anti-Irish. But enough of that.

And all the * Barca apologists. Support Bayern Munich now, they play better football anyway.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Two very good posts :50:

Daleer, you're just a * ball of passion mate :icon_mrgreen:

20. pod

Debatable [​IMG]