1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottlers...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Officer Doofy, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Bottlers... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I dont think the idiot knows how a league system works, he seems to think we bottled it because we trailed der hun at some stage and cant seen too grasp the concept the league doesn't end until all the games are played and all the points accounted for

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail

Do you want me too explain how a league system works and why we are champions????? Its not that hard even for you:50:

3. joemc

I love lenny and hope we become a stronger team under his leadership but simple mathematics proves our team are not true winners yet , we are missing a strong leader at the back cb ,chico is good but we need a ball winning cb .

In mf we need a mccourt and mcgeoch rolled into one to be the focul point of our attack ,the maestro.

up front we all know we need a hartson with a wee bit more pace, we have been in the position to pick up 7 trophies under lenny and for lots of reasons we have picked up only 2 , i think no one needs to say we must do better ,thats obvious , we are trying to use craft to break down teams when good old fashioned blood and guts and get the ball in early and some one will make a c@nt of it and we score , these teams are not that great but we make them better by allowing them time to organise with our studied build up .

4. GavCFC1

* bunch of bottlers just lost in the Glasgow Cu to Rangers absolute disgrace sack the board, sack Lennon

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    No. Simple mathematics tells us we are winners. Look at the league table.

6. kilkennycelt

We are not winners in the cup competions against mickey mouse leauge of ireland standard outfits.Why is this?

7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    1. So what if we are not the winners of both cups the league is far more important.

2. The SPL is far from League Of Ireland Standard.

3. We didn't win the cups because we were very unlucky. They are one off games in which anything can happen and if the refs did their jobs we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

8. joemc

2 out of a poss 7 does not make us winners , we have a team who lare young ,and a manager who is learning ,but he needs to be a bit smarter with the media , he is falling into thier trap of giving them enuf ammo to feed the anti lenny brigade .
    He has to stop showing his hand so to sproeak , give them all the usual cliche after games other team played well blah blah ,well done ,blah blah ,ref has a hard job to do blah blah,keep his real opinion to the dressing room or himself, if he plays the game he can control them, he is giving them wot they need by showing his anger

9. Ruxin

I don't buy this "Bottlers" tag, this team have won plenty of crucial games and will win plenty more I am sure of that.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We need to win just about everything we enter to be classed as winners? Not very realistic.

11. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Agree :50:

Some people will just try and poke holes into anything to try and justify on why the team is "full of bottlers" :87:

12. joemc

No mystic ,just more than we lose .

13. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I seriously wouldn't care if we never won another domestic cup from now until the end of time. The league is the most important by a mile. The cups are nothing more than a nice bonus.

14. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    So Lennon is really just to become a "cliche manager" then just to please the media and the press? * that.

This is another reason why the SFA/media/press don't like Lennon - because he doesn't play by their "rules" and speaks his mind and isn't in the usual mould of their puppet.

Lennon doesn't have to do much to give them what they need anyway. He gets chastised no matter what he does.

Which is what they done which resulted in winning the league title.

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    you really haven't a * clue do you. Champions of Scotland and into the champions league qualifiers, thats where we need to be not winning the Scottish League cup which to be perfectly honest I couldn't give flying * if we never won again and won the league every year. But you continue with your Lenny out agenda and Quest for league cup glory:87:.

CHAMPIONS:62::62::62: :celt_2:

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Sorry mate but simple mathematics says we are the best in Scotland and deserved WINNERS of the SPL. Im not saying by a million miles we are the finished article nor a great team by any imagination. There is a lot of work to be done to totally dominate Scotland and compete in Europe but I refuse to accept this "bottler tag" spouted by the hun meeja. Why are rangers not "bottlers"???? cup exists to Falkirk and DU at home? Knocked out of 2 European cups? Gave up a 15 point lead? oh I forgot they have the lovable cheeky chappy coisty in charge:87:

Look there is a lot of work to be done but we are going in the right direction.

17. joemc

You are missing my point ,sometimes you can say more by saying nothing ,he is playing into thier hands by being portrayed in a way that feeds the hate mob and gives them the story they need to sell thier *, its all irrelivent anyway as its hard to be something your not and he wears his heart on his sleave .
    Wot im trying to say is think smarter with them , mon could talk for an hour and give them nothing,wgs used his wit with them and could make them look stupid, as for us winning the league , my theory is its silverware, you enter to win regardless of wot they mean.

18. croppyobhoy

Here we go again with the rant, refs lost us the games, if you go out and play your best team and score more goals than the opposition then hey presto, WIN:icon_mrgreen:

19. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's fair to say the team hasn't turned up for some big games but "bottlers" is very harsh and another of those things that the football media in this country love to continually repeat when talking about us.

Last season Rangers lost to us in a new year fixture on their own patch, couldn't beat us in a cup game on their own patch despite us playing with 10 men for most of the game, lost the subsequent replay while their players were losing their heads and were then completely whitewashed at Celtic park in the league. So far this season they have lost to mediocre opposition in european qualifiers, lost to a 1st division side in one cup then lost at home in the other and lost what was probably the most important OF game of this season to relinquish top spot. Yet never once have I seen thie same accusation of "bottlers" aimed at Rangers.

We ARE still essentially a young team that is not the finished article yet, Not far away though, with a young management staff just really cutting their teeth in one of the most pressurised jobs in british football. They have only been together for a couple of seasons but won 2 trophies, competed in 2 other finals and were only a poor decision away from another and were only 1 point away from the league last year against a team full of experience that had been together for 3 or 4 years with one of the most experienced managers in the business.

"bottlers" no. young and still learning, yes.

20. CharlieMulgrini

that's a powerful way to look at it.... but they are bottlers, tho - come on. How many big games have the players not stood up? Ref decisions can only cover some of that... the players are young and learning and must get stronger mentally.

Positive for me is that the players will still feel that they have unfinished business and things to prove, after getting pumped out of both cups at late stages. This is good for our club. In the long run.