1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottlers...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Officer Doofy, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Bottlers... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sh4rk3y

What do other teams have to do with it? I am talking about Celtic on a Celtic forum.

Do you belive we were cheated in all of our losses from the past 5 months by the referee?

I believe we don't play as well in big games, pressure could be a factor.

2. sh4rk3y

Sorry, are you saying Dunfermline at home is as big a game as the Scottish cup semi-final against Hearts?

Funny because I know if I was a player the pressure would be building more on me in one of those games.

3. pod

Other teams have everything to do with it unless you think we have a divine right to be the only club in the history of football who should play their best in all our bigger games. Its a more than fair comparison.

As for being cheated then answer me this. In any of those games in the last 5 months which of them have we NOT been of the receiving end of poor, game changing officiating?

4. sh4rk3y

Ok I will answer your question, since you failed to answer mine. Yes, some poor decisions have gone against us, but some have gone for us as well. It happens. Watching back all of those games, if we played better football and took chances we still would have won. But didn't. So we lost. Ki had 2 free headers yesteday and turned them off the post. There was countless times players could've gotten a shot away but didn't, and passed it out wide. I do not believe there is a secret agenda by officials against Celtic where they would surely have to meet to discuss this in order for it to work. I believe that decisions do go against us, move on and play good football. This would never be happening in the Larsson era because they could actually take chances and play great football.

5. pod

I would have thought you would have taken the implication as me saying that yes I do think we were cheated in those losses.

The if we played better arguement is redundant and not in keeping with the topic of were we robbed or not. If Hearts had played better then they would not have needed a dodgy penalty. It happens in games. Just because we were not at our best does not mean we should get those types of calls against us.

So let me revise your opinion here. You think that the two non sending offs for Black were just bad decisions? Ridiculous. It is beyond obvious he chose not to apply the rules properly.

6. idlewildered

Dunfermline at home when you're trailing a must win league by a large number of points would be far more daunting to me than a semi final.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

There was no competition this year and we only won 1 trophy. We just can't win big game. Killie last week wasent a big game we needed a point and it we didn't we would of needed a point the next week or the next.

8. idlewildered

there was competition this year. the huns didn't sell their entire first team squad and every cup in the world throws up upsets.

There's a third division French side in a cup final against Lyon!

9. pod

How did we get into the position of need said point then? Luck? Everyone else bottling it even more? The rest of the league all getting point deductions? No, we did it by winning plenty of games and doing it by both winning comfortably AND scraping wins. The very attribute that most people praised the huns' 3 in a row team for doing. That requires bottle no matter how you try and suggest the opposite.

10. Bunk Moreland

That's the linesman's decision, not the ref

11. idlewildered

:50:

12. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    our poor little league winning, 20 point overturning bottlers. they truly lack fight don't they.

13. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    No competition? :97:

I suppose all the teams we beat to go from 15 points down to 1 point ahead by the end of 2011 just layed down for us to allow us to go top.

In cup competitions anything can happen - and usually does.

Also, the title clinching game wasn't a big game? Of course it was. It doesn't matter if we needed only a point or not - it was a big game. If we got beat then would the league game after that one be big? Course it because there would have been even more pressure to win it.

What people need to remember is that we are Celtic. EVERY game is a big game no matter who we face. When we face smaller teams we're expected to win as well as perform. When we face bigger teams in Europe, while we're maybe not expected to win, we're expected to at least try and perform and are still big games.

For us, there's no such thing as "no competition".

14. kilkennycelt

Can anybody explain why we were 15 points behind in the first place?

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    simple maths and an understanding of how a football league system works should be enough to answer this, anyone? :87:

16. kilkennycelt

I have a simple understanding that if you lose the vast majority of crucial games then you may well indeed be called bottlers :bbpd:

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    and whats that got to do with your question of why we were trailing the huns by 15 points:bbpd: clown

18. Sween

Yes, but we arent discussing whether a referee is poor or not. We are talking about being cheated by "the man" or "the masons" or whoever the black hand is pulling the strings. Surely the linesmen have to be in on it as well as the referees? Otherwise it isnt a very good conspiracy. Then again allowing a team to win 16 on the bounce and win the league isnt very good either...

19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We haven't lost the vast majority of crucial games. You can't just define crucial games as the games we lost.

20. kilkennycelt

because clowns like u keep referring to our glorious winning /unbeaten run,when in fact all we were doing was catching up on our disastrous start to the season when we let a horrible hun side steam 15 clear.Short memory did u forget Neil was 45 from the sack?