1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking bad.

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Alba Gu Bráth88, Jan 20, 2012.

Discuss Breaking bad. in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    [ame]http://youtu.be/bf7YF8DAwjk[/ame]

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Bryan cranston said he won't be in BCS today but aaron paul still could be

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Only seen up to episode 3 of S 2 , then fell away will need to get back into it

4. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Now i dont know how accurate this is but it has quotes so im hoping this is true but according to nationalreport.net season 6 of breaking bad has got the go ahead

The reason for the spoiler is the following quote has the start of the first episode but apparently its not anything more than what we will see in a trailer

http://nationalreport.net/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6/

Series creator, Vince Gilligan, has announced that Breaking Bad Season 6 will begin shooting in January of 2015. (AP Photo/Dennis System, File) / AP
    Hollywood, CA — Breaking Bad fans around the world are celebrating the stunning, glorious and amazing news announced today: Walter White is not dead, and there will indeed be a sixth season of the wildly-popular, award-winning AMC drama.

This shocking and exciting news comes not from an internet message board or the rumor mill but from series creator Vince Gilligan. In an exclusive CNN interview late Sunday evenening, Gilligan dropped the bombshell.

“Walter White is not dead, and neither is Breaking Bad,” said the 47-year-old writer, director, and executive producer of the groundbreaking show.

“We’ve kept it under wraps for months, now the cat’s out of the bag. Season 6 is coming, and it’s going to be epic and true to the fans that have followed the show so incessantly.”

Gilligan explained his decision to continue with the popular series.

“I just couldn’t walk away from it. This isn’t a cash-grab or a sophomoric attempt to bastardize what was such a beautiful ending to season 5. I’ve invested so much of myself in these characters that I’d always had an inkling I’d return to it, even outside [the] Better Call Saul [spinoff]. The kicker was I’d need a spark, something that made it make sense for these stories to continue.”

The series star Bryan Cranston seemed to drop a major hint in an interview with CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield in May. Asked by Banfield if his character, Walter White, died or not, Cranston said, “Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything. Or say … you know.”

In response to questions about whether the character could show up in a movie or anywhere else ever again, Cranston said: “Never say never.”

Gilligan explained how the decision came about to do a season six.

“Bryan [Cranston] called me up about five months ago and said he had this incredibly lucid dream in which Walt wakes up in a hospital bed surrounded by the DEA, ends up breaking out of prison and finds out he’s got fans,” Gilligan said. “This isn’t a redemption story, it’s got a bleak, dark premise. I can’t give away any more of the details, but let’s just say Walt has quite a bit of unfinished business to attend to, and it sure as * has nothing to do with teaching high school science.”

According to Gilligan, the entire cast has principally agreed to return for at least one more season. This includes Bob Odenkirk, star of ‘Better Call Saul’, the prequel comedy series which is slated to debut on AMC in February 2015.

“I’m not surprised in the least that Vince is going back to Breaking Bad,” said Odenkirk. “I’ve been working with him on set for a long time, and the last few times I’ve seen him, he’s had sort of a glint in his eye, a bounce to his step. He’s laughing at a bunch of jokes I couldn’t pull off two years ago. I mean, comedy and drama can be radically different, and no one does drama like Vince. I’m completely on board.”

Breaking Bad writer, 35-year-old Paul Horner, upon hearing the announcement by Gilligan confirmed the news with MSNBC.

“Yes, it’s true. You don’t know how much of a relief this is to finally get this off my back. I’ve been keeping this a secret for two long months now, I was ready to explode,” Horner said. “Here’s a little spoiler for all you fans out there so stop reading right now if you don’t want any information, otherwise, lets go. Season six begins with Walt waking up in the hospital, handcuffed to his bed. Like Bryan [Cranston] said last May, nobody ever saw a body bag, so essentially, the last episode of Season 5 was left open-ended. Skyler, Walt Jr., Marie… none of them have any idea he’s survived, but the DEA is right on top of it. We’ll go through the motions of people finding out he’s alive – many people wanted Walt dead, so there’s a lot of disconcerted, angry people out there. We have Walt going to trial, his incarceration and how he’s keeping Heisenberg and the blue meth on the streets during his imprisonment. Season 6 will have Walt’s eventual breakout, despite the fact that he’s being held prisoner in a fashion not seen since Hannibal Lecter. The nationwide manhunt for Jesse Pinkman is both epic and gripping, and I can tell you for certain his relationship with Walt will continue, in a much more strained, arch-nemesis-type fashion. We’re even introducing a few new characters, one being a little comedic relief in a mascot for a Christian organization named Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin. None of this is anything you won’t find out about in the trailer, but it’s high time to get truly, truly excited for the greatest show of all time! I believe in this, it’s a valid and worthwhile continuation of something that deserves discernment and care. Breaking Bad Season 6! It’s not over yet!”

The original series won multiple awards, including ten Primetime Emmys. Out of 267 nominations, Breaking Bad has garnered 101 trophies. Shooting for Breaking Bad: Season 6 is scheduled to begin January, 2015.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

National Report is a satirical website which exists to spoof people into believing things...

6. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
  7. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    "Mic drop!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEfrulUEcs[/ame]

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Never got round to watching better call saul is it any good ?

9. Sonny7

Wee dude got owned:smiley-laughing002:

Caul Saul and ask him:smiley-laughing002:

10. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Mixed reviews by Breaking Bad fans, but I think it's very good. Gives you the back story of Mike and Saul. Much like Breaking Bad, it's only going to get better as it goes on.

11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Worth a watch but I personally dont think it was that good although most other people on here liked it.

I thought it was boring and really slow.

12. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Just finished all 5 seasons. Loved it.

13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Started watching this again....for the third time. Really enjoying it even though the general consensus is the first series or two are slow movers and hard to get into. Probably enjoying it more this time if anything!

14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Wind!!!!!!!!!!

15. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Very close to the end of Season 5, and although i have enjoyed it, it isnt a patch on The Sopranos for me. Yes, loads of twists and violence etc, but i feel nothing for any of the characters. There is no warmth, little humour and although it can be very tense and i keep watching to see what happens next, i cant honestly say ive 'enjoyed it' as such.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wits happening with this season 6 carry on?

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Finally finished it. It was good.

Trying either House Of Cards or Sons of Anarchy next. Will watch pilot of both to make a choice!

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    SOA is good but it dragged a bit for me.

I got to the last series and still haven't gotten round to finishing it. Got to the stage now where I've left it over a year now and I've forgotten what the * is going on.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony