1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    So the Talkceltic transfer info is back was a good laugh last season and i am sure it will be again - Most people seemed to like it last season :50:

Feel free to hijack the thread and post any info you guys find out :56: I will try my best not to get banned this year and see the thread out till the very end:50:

Looks like Eduardo Vargas has gone to Napoli - Been linked with the prem big boys but Napoli have won the race to sign him .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3GPOAuJik

Interesting quotes from Nilmar's agent - "I can only say that we are moving forward and I think we can conclude the deal with Roma"

Greg van der Wiel set to join Valencia player agreed his terms and contract -clubs very close on the fee should move in the summer from Ajax.

According to reliable sources in Holland, Espanyol has signed Ajax striker El Hamdaoui for 3m

Jorge Mendes is the agent behind Nicolas Gaitan moving to MUFC. Involved in Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson and De Gea signings. And Bebe:56:

Deal is as good as signed and player will join in the summer .

Utd have been scouting Gaitan since last season and stepped up the interest after his showing in the two champions league games this season he has been watched at least 8times this season and now looks like time to get him tied up.

First reports of this deal broke on Friday night as main Sports channel in Argentina the players homeland confirmed the deal.

Since then reports have come out of England and Portugal -Benfica official statement has been not to deny or confirm any deal yet.

The Red Devils sent trusted chief scout Martin Ferguson to Tyneside for the 0-0 draw with Swansea City to run the rule over Cheick Tiote / Yohan Cabaye .

Manchester United assistant coach Rene Meulensteen admits Ajax Christian -Eriksen is a player the club are keeping an eye on.

Norwich have been linked with Keith Andrews, currently on loan at Ipswich.

Swansea City have reached a agreement to buy John Goossens (NEC) in the winter break. Goossens contract will expire in the summer of 2012.

Newcastle linked with taking Taye Taiwo on loan with an option to buy,

Arsenal are reportedly keeping tabs on Anderlecht's highly-rated forward Matias Suarez as Wenger looks to strengthen his squad.

Anderlecht's Matias Suarez finiashed as the Europa League's leading scorer in the group stages with seven goals.

Ruud Vormer will join Feyenoord on a free transfer at the end of the season from Roda Eredivisie

Liverpool have joined the race to sign striker Rory Donnelly from Northern Ireland club Cliftonville. /Swansea already agreed a fee Everton interested as well.

Everton have confirmed that American star Landon Donovan is returning to the club in January -short term loan.

Steven Pienaar could be returning to Goodison Park in January on a 6 month loan deal from Spurs.

Atletico Madrid have agreed to sell José Antonio Reyes to former club Sevilla in the January window for €3.5m, according to reports .

Galatasaray want the player as well and could try do a deal but returning to old club to make players mind up .

Florent Malouda could replace him at Atletico Madrid

Liverpool have been scouting , Gaston Ramirez, Leroy Fer,Luuk de Jong over the last few months .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Henrik 07 likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Can we take a bet how many posts HP is going to have in this?

I'm saying 532

3. Sonny7

Good stuff mate:50:

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Gary Cahill last week Spurs and Chelsea was leading the race to sign the defender from Bolton , Liverpool ,Arsenal ,Inter said to be interested as well.

As of the weekend Man Utd have now been been in talks and look like winning the race to sign him . 6/8 m fee

Spurs have now moved on to the back up plan and looks like james tomkins is the player in question /Newcastle want him as well after Taylor being out for the season.

Bolton want Tim Ream - to replace Cahill.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  5. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

HP, where do you get all of this?? :56:

6. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Shakhtar's Jadson has cast further doubts over his future by claiming that he wants to play for a major European side.

David Trezeguet will sign a 2 1/2 year contract with River later this afternoon.

Former Chelsea coach Guus Hiddink is rumored to sign with Anzhi with a proposed salary of Euros 8m/yr and set to make Drogba his top target.

I spoke to him (Drogba) and he told me firmly that he has a good reason to go and live somewhere else' - Marseille Sporting Director

Drogba's deal runs out in the summer and talks over an extension have broken down because he has been offered only a 12-month contract when he wants double that.

Shenhua are backed by wealthy businessman Zhou Jun, who believes he can take advantage of the fall-out. Zhou said: "Drogba, is a very excellent player. If these big-name players are willing to come to China, we are willing to have warm negotiations and communications with them.

"A lot of clubs are chasing Drogba. From our perspective, we also have to see what Drogba wants. So from our club's perspective, we have this to say: If he is willing to come, we will definitely welcome him."

Drogba's agent Thierno Seydi said last week the Ivory Coast international will go to where he can earn the most and Shenhua's rivals Dalian Aerbin are believed to have already offered him a three-year deal worth £200,000 a week.

Wenger dismissive of reports that he's trying to sign Yoann Gourcuff on loan

Borussia Dortmund will not stand in the way of Lucas Barrios if he decides to seek a transfer in January.

Lucas Barrios was an important player for Dortmund last season.
    Barrios, a Paraguay international, has failed to get back into the Dortmund team on a regular basis this season after picking up an injury at the Copa America last summer.

The club's top goalscorer in each of the last two seasons has expressed his unhappiness at the current situation and Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke admits they may have to consider selling him this winter.

''Obviously Lucas is unhappy when he is not playing,'' Watzke told the Bild newspaper. "I would prefer it if he were to stay, but if he does come to us and say he wants to go then we would have to talk about it.

7. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What type of player is Gaitan? Not saw enough of him to tell what role's he can excel in. Is he a winger type like Nani or someone that can come into the middle and be a playmaker like Silva? Man U are in desperate need of the latter.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    From the info i have found on him since Man utd have been scouting him - he plays as a winger for Benfica , he can play either wing , in the hole maybe upfront if needed .

But he has talked many times about how much he loves to play in the middle of the park so yeah would be more of a play maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcf_JzdA4Jc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRAraHTH-s&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  9. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    sounds like a silva / mata type player, utd dont need anymore out and out wingers so if he can playing in the middle then happy days.

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Agree still seems like he will arrive in the summer * that get him in now ffs.

Word is Darren Bent could be on the move big fall out with Eck and he wants out .

Liverpool looked at Bent last season and could look at him again expect a striker in at Liverpool soon Suarez ban expected to be bad and need cover.

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani will meet with MCFC on Thursday to discuss signing Carlos Tevez.

Roberto Mancini: "The best solution for us is to sell [Carlos Tevez. We can't let him leave on loan."

Liverpool ,Newcastle,West Ham target Wilfried Zaha to stay at Crystal Palace -

Crystal Palace are delighted to announce that Wilfried Zaha has signed a new five and a half year contract with the club

Andre Villas-Boas has identified Jack Rodwell as the first major brick in rebuilding his Chelsea team and is confident he will land the Everton midfielder next month. £20m bid expected

11. lethal_kizzle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That Ross Barkley looks a brighter prospect and it might mean that Everton could actually spend money this window. Always felt Rodwell was over rated, the fact that someone is English seems to make their value double!

12. Seosamh Máirtín

Jelavic to Liverpool, HP? Whatcha think?

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    The lad is only 18 just signed a new long term contract the other day Everton fan and very happy to stay and learn his trade with them .

Rodwell is a excellent player done a job on Silva early on in the season one of the only players i have saw that man marked him and done a excellent job on him .

A very good player at the minute. sufferred a few injuries which hampered his progress last season, but has all the qualities to be an exceptional central midfielder- looks an athlete, can pass very well, can dribble, and has a decent shot on him.

20m fee about right when you look at much Henderson ,Barry ,Milner etc all went for .

Aye they are looking at him unsure if they will buy him .

QPR boss Neil Warnock on Jelavic - 'he's a player who has been mentioned to me, not the other way around. We haven't expressed an interest.'

So either the Huns or his agent been offering him around clubs:56:

French media believe David Beckham's deal to PSG is nearly complete. He will get 20% of anything sold with his name on, doubling his wages.

Kenny Dalglish has confirmed Liverpool's interest in promising striker Rory Donnelly.

The 19-year-old was in talks with Swansea City yesterday but has been the subject of interest from both the Reds and Merseyside rivals Everton, who are both keen to secure his services.

Cliftonville chairman Gerard Lawlor revealed yesterday that he had received a call from Kop boss Dalglish, who is sizing up his options for a striker ahead of the January transfer window.

Today Dalglish publicly declared his interest in the highly-rated Northern Ireland starlet.

He said: "I spoke to the chairman. It was nice of him to tell everybody!

"There's a bit of interest in the boy from a few places so we've registered our interest.

"That's as far as it goes at the moment."

Lille looking at Nolan Roux as they struggle to keep hold of Moussa Sow, who's being watched by PSG, Arsenal & Newcastle.

Portuguese press are linking Benfica with a move for Rubin Kazan's Cristian Ansaldi.

Wolfsburg begin negotiations with Everton over Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Barcelona president - "Do I want to sign Neymar? That decision is up to the coach. I'm only the president,"

Barcelona paid Santos 10M for an option to sign Neymar (19) at any point until 2014. If Santos withdraw, they have to pay 20M [the national]

Neymar has already agreed personal terms with Barcelona for when they decide to sign him. Santos gave permission for the deal [the national]

14. BelfastCelt88

I'm sick of hearing about this Neymar transfer a few weeks back he had "agreed" to sign for Barcelona. Did he not say he's staying in Brazil for another while yet? He aint gona be cheap wherever he goes I just wish he'd hurry up and move. :84:

15. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    LFC sign another 'one for the future' as Wycombe confirm that striker Jordon Ibe, 16, will be heading to Anfield.

16. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just need to sign me up too then sorted :50:

17. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hearts' Eggert Jonsson is close to completing a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers, STV has learned.

The Edinburgh club agreed a fee with the English Premier League side last week. It is understood Jonsson was talking terms with Mick McCarthy's side on Monday afternoon, as he nears his exit from Tynecastle.

The 23-year-old, who can play in defence and midfield, moved to Scotland from Icelandic side KF Fjardabyggdar in 2005.

Jonsson has made 153 appearances for Hearts, scoring nine goals. He has also been capped 12 times by Iceland.

18. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Beckham has said yes to PSG for 18 months and 800 000 euros a month.

19. Paul55

Never an EPL player.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Supposedly SSN are reporting that Neymar has agreed terms with Barca:50: