1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hip-Hop and Rap is at its best right now.

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by JrOhara2, Jan 29, 2011.

Discuss Hip-Hop and Rap is at its best right now. in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I literally love every group/artist you mentioned. But I don't understand why people can't like current music as well as the oldies. Rap is certainly not at it's best, but the future looks bright with the new artists I mentioned.

2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyB3rx3-K5c"]Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge "Twelve Reasons To Die" (Full Album) 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtvGQEvwfk"]Ghostface Killah ~ The Brown Tape {FULL ALBUM} - YouTube[/ame]

3. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    To quote Arsene Wenger:

"If you eat caviar every day, it's difficult to return to sausages."

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

:56:

Good answer.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

RIP The Notorious BIG, Biggie's birthday today. Think we should all have work/college off.

6. seonaidh

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  7. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Rap has changed due to the power of free mixtapes. People sign young rappers, invest in some beats and get a couple of their other rapper friends to go on tracks, build up a hype then after they do well on the mixtapes, people are waiting for their album which is usually more high quality producing and what not. But to be honest, I've loved some rappers mixtapes more than their big anticipated debut album.

Best site to legally download official mixtapes is www.datpiff.com

You need to use win zip and extract them after downloading but if u want the most current hip hop, this is the website all the artists are releasing them on.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Joey Badass - 1999, he will do well to make his first album better than that.

Action Bronson - Blue Chips, Rare Chandeliers... both brilliant.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just about to watch J. Cole on the Radio 1 Big Weekend stream!

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They only gave the poor lad about 20 minutes. He was good though, one of the best around today.

11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS0V9-dzDxg"]Loaded Lux Feat. Method Man & Redman - "Rite" (Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

12. Lecs

Couldn't agree more. The thread title should be changed I think. I don't know if I'm just getting old but I can't stick today's rap, it's just pish to be honest. The late 80s and the 90s were where it was at in terms of rap.

13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's still the Hip Hop thread though,we all know that by now,regardless of what the title is.

It should probably be up to whoever created the thread,he hasn't been on in a few months though.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You can't just call all rap music pish because of what you hear on the radio.

This is just a Hip Hop thread now, it isn't about it being better than it ever was... because it certainly isn't.

There is good music out there, you just need to know where to look.

I know the rap game isn't as good as it was in the early 90's... but it really * me off when people say today's rap is pish because of people like 2 Chainz and Waka Floka Flame.

15. Dallas Cowbhoys

All new rap is complete pish.

Barring underground rap.

Saying, "I like Nas, Rakim etc etc but also Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi" or whoever the * is popular is like saying....."Some of my favourite players of all time are Pele and Maradona as well as some new ones like Jordan Henderson and Nicky Shorey." It just doesn't make sense.

16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

New Ice Cube,follow up to 'Everything's Corrupt'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5oWSSFVQ-A"]Ice Cube - "The Big Show" - YouTube[/ame]

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Bollocks. Lil Wayne might have the most hits and be in the charts the most, but he is *, using him as an example for todays rap is almost like cheating... of course nas, raking, etc are better.

18. Dallas Cowbhoys

I used Lil Wayne because I don't know the names of the others. I've heard some of it and in my opinion, it is complete pish.

I listen to hip hop for the lyrics and theirs are meaningless.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How can you generalise hip hop if you have heard ''some'', which is no doubt the stuff on the radio. Kendrick Lamar is one of the best story tellers I've ever heard in hip hop. Action Bronson and Joey Badass have great lyrics too when talking about real life. Childish Gambino, Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole all rap about something meaningful. Tech N9ne, MF Doom and Earl Sweatshirt might seem to rap about nonsense at time, but they are so lyrically gifted in their delivery it's incredible. Slaughterhouse is made up of 4 of the most talented rappers around, Royce Da 5'9'', Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz. Even Rick Ross can amaze me at times! Some rappers are just so intelligent when it comes to lyrics like Aesop Rock or Andre 3000.

I could go on and on talking about it, again I don't agree with the title of the thread... but hip hop isn't all *.

20. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

'Rick Ross' epitomizes what's wrong with the rap game these days,he's so fake that it hurts,and I've never been impressed with any of his songs I've unfortunately heard.I honestly dunno how the * he got a deal.

I heard that the real Rick Ross isn't too happy and wants to fight him

Rugged Mans new album 'Legends Never Die' is where it's at,and the fact that new stuff from Akala and Wu Tang is coming out is reassuring.