1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye but we were banned for something that doesn't breach stadium security in that way. It was vandalism.

The huns are breaching Celtic Park security rules which are written down for all to see.

I think Celtic will make sure the away fans are seated.

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

If they are,i would be interested in knowing why.

3. kennydal

Be interesting to see if they move someone who has a season book on them ,if they pick random people from that area.

4. Artur Boruc #1

I don't think it will happen this season but it's a definite for next season IMO. There is no way that section will remain together come next August.

5. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never heard of matches being played behind closed doors for breaches of health and safety? Its not likely but not impossible especially if the police are doing the whinging.

6. kidMc14

:31: :31::31:
    So * stupid, let them stand ffs!!! no one has complained, typical board/stewards thinking that bringing atmosphere to celtic park is a disgrace. Ill back them to the hill because they are good supporters of our club and deserve to be treated with respect.

7. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well, fact of the matter is that the police have complained to Celtic amongst others.

8. kidMc14

Sorry, should of made it clearer, i meant fans mate :50:

9. Artur Boruc #1

I wouldn't be so sure, I'm sure one of our middle class "supporters" has complained about things like this in the past tbh.

10. kidMc14

:31::31::31:
    That makes me even more angrier.

11. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    tell u what, ur allowed to stand up in my local and watch the game,which is what i will be doing for the rest of the home games this season

12. pelethebhoy

This is what I assume will happen.

Between now and the end of the season Celtic will determine where members of the gb will move to (They will already have names and faces) I.e. The guy that normally plays the drum, people at the back who start rebels etc etc. When they are segregated they don't posess as much much as a threat to police or stewards if or when they decide to throw someone out.

The police and stewards don't like the GB as they are seen as rowdy because they sing loud and they jump about. However they cause no trouble (apart from the banners which, personally I think has nothing to do with football).

Fans get shifted - some will stop coming - others will continue standing and singing and get chucked out and threatened their season ticket will be confiscated - it will kill the atmosphere completely of that I am certain!

At games I find myself watching the GB as they are more entertaining than the muck I am watching on the park, so unless the board brings in better players and we start seeing better football, with no atmosphere and political correctness gone crazy the numbers will fall dramatically and I worry for our club!

13. pelethebhoy

I bet your the first to moan about the atmosphere and don't sing yourself.

14. fms06

Ji
    I think when he refers to the 'middle class supporters' i think he is refering to the prawn sandwich supporter. They have these at all clubs. Most notable m.u. which ruined the atmosphere there for quite a few years. But now that club have also a sing/standing section which has raised the atmosphere for their games.

This is about a personel vandetta the board is on against the gb. Its not about the gb being bigger than the club (they themselves i believe would agree with this) but the board being bigger than the club. 'the club' is the fans, we may disagree on things but the fans dont deserve to have personnel vandettas brought against them. This is much bigger than the gb. This is a board that will bring devastaion at fan level of the club.

I'm suprised that the normally well aware fans of our club dont see this as bigger than the gb. But an attack on the fans themselves. It's not the boards club but ours, us the fans.

Shameful antics board you will not be happy until there only 15,000 at games. We need atmosphere at games, i personally like what the gb bring to match day but like i said this is bigger than the gb. Its a guntlet thrown down to all fans that the board are the 'club'.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  15. Kerry.

Its a football match not a film.. I'd be certain that a large amount of fans beyond the GB would want to stand throughout a game prior or after a goal. If for example we were playing against the scum who will no doubt be standing themselves , would we as Celtic fans sit throughout the entire game whilst were out-sung? I know I wont be.

16. quadebhoy

regarding the GB being forced to sit down, how will that effect the atmosphere ?

you can sing when sitting down

17. Andy bhoy

The board are really helping lennon Bring back the thunder

18. derry_pele

Pittodrie, Tannadice, Ibrox etc they gonna ban us from standing at these grounds also? its ridiculous the GB should not be forced to sit down at parkhead Da Hun should not be forrced to sit down at parkhead, the ott banners that have no relation to the footie I agree should be banned but other than that everything else is goin to have a detrimental effect on the place, the footie on show has bee * for the majority of the season, take away the atmosphere the GB create and CP will be a ghost town

19. Leeds Bhoy

Massive promotion of a singing section is needed, it needs to extend at least all of a corner, I would love it to be the entire old jungle.

I am a relatively new supporter, as in new to actually getting to games. I have grown up watching the Bhoys of Seville et al, hearing of our fantastic atmosphere, not being able to get tickets for games...

Now there is more atmosphere in the London Road Tavern..

PS. For the guy somewhere above saying that you can sit down and clap your team, ooo out of my way you're blocking my view etc.. GTFO

20. Mince.Charming

i agree with you 100 percente mate. this is getting beyond a * joke. a cant believe theres people on here that are supporting the boards desicions. there totaly victimising the green brigade. without the fans there wouldnt be no * celtic!!!!!