1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scottbrown8

I have had two really scary situations in my life.

1 - Being in Salou when i was about 4, Had not learned to swim and was at water park, Dad and Cousin were on a water slide and Uncle and Mum were watchining, me and my other cousin (around my age) were meant to be going to paddling pool, there was a bigger pool next to it, started off shallow and me being young and uneducated i walked further into the pool until i couldnt touch the ground anymore after trying to get up and shout help i eventually went under and basically went unconscious but while i was in that state my mum saw my head going under water and my uncle ran and dived and got me out, luckily enough my body was pumped quick and i was ok :icon_mrgreen:

2. I was around 10 and playing golf over a park where i stayed just hitting balls side to side. My sister came aswell to watch and get balls, one swing i thought she was away to get ball but she was right behind me, and i swung club back and hit her half an inch away from the temple, afterwards you could see inside her head it was terrible, amazingly she managed to still stand, i quickly got her and ran home for my dad to rush her to hospital, like other one there was good result and she got emergency surgery and survived, but to find out by the surgeon if it hit her cleanly on the temple she would have died instantly

Outcome of both Situations, I learned to swim and stopped playing golf

2. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It was scary at the time but the thought of it has actually made it worse for me as the years have passed on.

It cool anyway. I've got used to travelling by trains and ships around the world.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    our 'hood :56:

4. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    i went to the fridge a few years back and got an almighty shock...there was only one beer left....i learned my lesson, bucked up my ideas and havent let it happen again.

5. PaoloDiCanio

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio
    Scariest moment i have had really because it seems 100% real even though it was a dream after reading the first posts i think it may have been a controlling dream or whatever but anyway i think it was pretty * up here it is and remember this is a dream haha.

I appeared in my home town i live in now Lancaster in the middle of the city centre it was pitch black night but all of the shops were open and the lights were turned on everything going on as normal apart from there was around 100 people on one side and 100 on the other, i was on the right side with two friends i have not seen in years after looking at them we didn't say a word just smiled he was covered in a white cloak just stood staring then next minute his eyes wen't deep black and he started talking in some * up language like he was possesed.

Then everything seemed to freeze then bang bang bang the shops lights wen't out one after the other untill there was complete darkness.

Everyone screaming could hear kids cry but the intire sky was like a bottle green colour and the sun seemed 10 times closer and it was pitch black, so i have started running all i can hear is screams and the sound of the bombing sirens and police sirens.

I being to run around in the direction of my home the same way i walk home everyday yet the building had been knocked down years back and replaced the old buildings were all still there so i'm still running trying to get past hundereds of people then i look back up to the sky and all i can see now is green smoke in the air with the pitch black sun still there then people infront of me start dropping like flys one after the other until i see two people infront of me drop then finally me.

I drop to the floor i can feel my organs collapsing and i'm choking on the smoke, then i wake up out of my sleep but i still can't get out of the dream i'm still there yet part of me is telling myself i have woke up.

Still in the dream i can't get out of it then i see about 5 figures all stood above me with deep black eyes and i'm screaming at them for a code or an answe for some reason, they cary on staring not saying a word then they start talking in the same * up language again.

I'm still screaming asking them telling them i don't understand.. then they say BOSTON,BOSTON

Still on the ground i scream at them what the * do you mean ?

BOSTON THE ANNIVERSARY.. IT'S COMING.. when it does you know the answer to be one of the free!

BOOM.. wake up for real dripping in sweat even though part of me felt like i had allready woke up ages ago but * me you can't imagine how real it all felt.

I have really tried to understand just what the * this dream was and just what the * the whole Boston thing meant i think the last bit was the scariest still trying to work * out never had a dream like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    marti1888 likes this.
  6. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    witnessing my little sister almost die 2 months ago.

something i never ever want to go through again.

7. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Wow Thats one traumatic experience.

8. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    dunblane masacre, thankfully i was in the other class but the whole event and aftermath was the worst week or so of my life by far.

9. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony

10. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    i doubt it tbh, the man was a psycho, lived alone and clearly wasnt right in the head.

11. oranBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzaguire
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Mines isnt as impressive (scary) as most on here but it involves the tic in a way so ill tell it...

I was up at Paradise with my pal ,,think it was start of 95 season,anyway we were playing the huns & Celtic Park was just being rebuilt so me & my mate went up to try buy tickets outside the ground,,anyway we never got any & were heading down the gallowgate to get a pub to try listen to it on the radio,,we got as far as the burger vans next to the Celtic end when this scummy junkie * & his 2 ned apprentices grabs me from nowhere - (my so called mate legged it) & the junkie puts a blade up against my neck & says hes gonna plug me while his 2 wee mates searched my pockets,,they ended up wi my birthday money & legged it,,i was sure i was going to get "plugged" (as the junkie kept saying) anyway was frightnening but i just mind being relieved they hadnt took my Celtic trackie id got for my birthday that day ,,took me a few weeks to go back to paradise again & the next time i did was the Partick Thistle game when after it that poor boy Mark Scott was killed..that shook me a bit though thinking it coulda been me but i dont think it was a sectarian attack on me more just scum looking for drug money!

And to top it all the scum won 2-0 wi that fat * gazza & cleland scoring...happy 14th birthday to me :bbpd:

12. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

* scum bags robin a 14 year old bhoy! hope u told ur "mate" to GTF!

13. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

u need tae see a doctor pal!

14. oranBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzaguire
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I did no long after that, but at the end of the day we were both sprinting away they just caught me cos i was a fat wee * haha, i also mind a 20 odd year old Celtic fan walking by too staring right at me,you could see he was wanting to do something but he kept walking, but at the end of the day what could he do..these were the days before everyone had mobiles,,id like to think id be a hero in that situation but you dont know till you are,aye scum mate, needless to say i hope the junkie ODed on the smack he no doubt bought wi my birthday money!!:86:

15. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Me and 3 friends were at the 1992 Euros and decided to travel to Stockholm for the England v Sweden match. We didnt have tickets and tried to blag them from touts at the Sweden end. Anyway, the police lifted the 3 of us as they thought we were English fans out to cause trouble. We got huckled onto the hooligan bus, decided to keep our traps shut, it was full of real hooligans. Gets worse. We get to the police station and try to explain to the desk sargeant that we were Scottish and we wanted to support sweden. The police realised quickly and kept us in separate cells from the English fans. We had tellys in them and got to watch the game. When Sweden scored we all cheered like *. And hearing us, the English fans who had not telly, started cheering as well, thinking that it was England scored. The swedish police took great delight in putting them right.

At this point there started to be a cry of * Save the Queen, Your going home in a * ambulance, dirty scottish * etc.

We knew this was bad. Very bad.

The police realised this and decided to let us leave the station early to get away safely. Five minutes early. Yes, a whole 5 minutes. It was like a * horror movie. The station was 5 miles from the stadium where our car was.

Police directed us to the subway in order to get back to the stadium. If you have seen American Werewolf in London with the long elevator down to the platform then you will know the one we were in.

We were in it 5 minutes waiting to get the train south to the stadium, when we started to hear the shouts in the distance, getting louder. Engerl-land, enger-land...

We shat our pants. The 3 of us. I am 5,10, my two mates are 6ft plus each, we can handle ourselves, but on seeing @ 20 Engerland fans heading down the escalators we all stood and just stared at them in shock. They went quiet when they seen us, they knew who we were. They were a little younger than us, most in their teens.

We started to make a plan, the main one being stand near the tracks and start throwing them onto the line. When they got to the bottom of the escalators they all grouped together in a huddle. Then one of them started to walk towards us, hard as *, we thought. Probably chibbed up. He walks right up and says "Do you know where the train was to the stadium?" At this point a train pulled up, opposite us heading away from the stadium. My mate said its that one there. This guy turned round and shouted to his mates and they all ran off to get it!!!

Im pretty sure if that train hadnt pulled up, and we hadnt managed to get them to head onto it, we would have been in a bit of bother.

16. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    That's an epic story! Brilliant!!!:50:

17. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Probably when I was younger me and my mate decided to play knock knock ginger. We were having a lot of fun, you know the sort of stuff you do when you're young. Well we got to this house and stood outside, and stupidly started talking about doing it to this house, not realising the door was open and the guy, who was a * madman, was listening.

So I finally plucked up the courage, and as I reached to hit the doorbell, he opened the door and shouted, I can tell you I almost had a heart attack. I sort of just froze and legged it to my bike, as did my mate and he was chasing us for what seemed like ages saying he was going to kill us and that sorta *. I got some good speed on my bike, but my mate was a bit slower and he was inches from catching him.

Never went past that house again I can tell you. Heard he threatened my mates sister with a knife for something similar too. But yea, good times :icon_mrgreen:

Other things from years back, getting lost for about an hour and a half at Thorpe Park, scariest thing I was walking around in tears thinking I was never going to find my parents and would be locked in overnight! I should point out I was very young at the time ok!

Also 2 years ago I was in Barcelona with my family and we were by the harbour bit at night, my little brother was really young and he started sprinting towards (what he didn't realise) was a big drop into the sea, my heart * skipped a beat, managed to shout and run after him to stop but he was literally so close to falling in in the dark, and he couldn't even swim. Probably why I've had a few nightmares about him drowning. That's true scary *.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
  18. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik/boruc/mcgeady/brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    inter milan/four leaf clover
    Castlereagh holding centre..1990's....a cop/* coming into the room with a AK47 wrapped in plastic...telling me my print 'will' be all over it!!!

19. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Some mad owl stories here tbh mine are fairly *, have been inches away from getting a smack of cars. Another was walking through waterville park with two of my mates getting started on by about 15 people who I new and were in a year below us in school and getting kind of kicked around well no kind of about it:56:. Eh my mam taking a heart attack was the worst though just felt absolutely sick she survived it though thank *:celt_2:

20. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    aye sounds * swell :97::56: