1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from the ashes

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ladbroke8, Mar 24, 2010.

Discuss Rise from the ashes in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ladbroke8

Last time we were this low was a decade ago. Lets not forget a summer of positive changes can make all the difference. The league season was written off long before now.

Ive backed Mowbray but we need to change things as he will never win over 60% of the fans and the club cant be succesfull with that support.

If we can make the right changes and get that feeling back (Like when MON arrived) we can quickly move in the right direction again. Lets give the team the support they need to clinch 2nd place and the cup and look forward to things getting better.

At Celtic the chase is always better than the catch. We will be ready to chase next season.

2. Pearse1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    tell that to the board

3. ladbroke8

I think that tonight spelled it out.

4. ryan1984

We need a MON style revolution now more than ever. Can't believe after those 5 great years we're back here again staring in to the abyss.

Mowbray is getting the stick and rightly so but surely the board can't escape this scot free it's there fault we're in the mess we are.

5. cesar67

too many players wearing the shirt who dont deserve it, ive gave TM support but its clear its just not for him, IF he wins us the scots cup then he should have the balls to admit its not for him and walk away on a slight high..

6. Connolly08

The board never want to take any of the blame, everyone knows that. The board hides away ! its time Lawell came out and said something he cant hide away forever !

7. Soprano

I don't normally speak out in favour of the board but I think they have supported Mowbray, financially especially. With the amount of money he has spent there can be no excuses.

8. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    please get this * out of celtic befor we end up 3rd or 4th!

9. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    I think tonight had to be the final straw.
    To an extent the board has backed Mogga, but there were a lot of players moved on for fees as well as players coming in, & several loan signings which to me are an attempt to paper over the cracks, rather than fix them.
    We all know that we badly need leadership both on & off the park, Mogga is not that man, that has been demonstrated several times this season by him hiding, looking forlorn on the bench.
    On the park has been no better, I think Big Jos could be a leader, but his injuries haven't helped an already difficult season.
    Midfield is our biggest weakness, no leader, no bottle, no steal, this area of the team more than others needs over hauling.
    I would keep Crosas, Ki, Maloney, Samaras as a winger / squad player & McGinn. The rest I would get rid off & replace, I don't think N'Guemo is the long term answer, Brown doesn't look like he's improving, McGeady's time is up at CP, & Mizuno, McCourt & Zhi aren't good enough.

Striker wise, Kamara could be a good signing, plays a number of positions, wide, CF etc, Rasmussen & Fortune both look good, the rest can go, Hutchinson, & Sheridan haven't proved good enough.

A few weeks ago, I thought we were one or two players away from a decent squad, now it looks like half a dozen plus.

Time to sign grit, determination, leaders & winners both on & off the park.

10. Lennon1888

Surely the board has to sack him after seeing this result??? soon as that 4th goal went in i was acctually laughing at celtic at how pish they were..

11. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    things can only get better? cant they?

12. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't know if we are really all that far away, player-wise at least, from being a decent side. CB still needs to be addressed as does the never ending saga of the search for a LB & a MF with a bit of mongrel who is not just a headless chook (yes, Broonie, I'm talking about you). Up front I think we could be OK if Kamara stays, as I think if he is given a chance through the centre, as well as Fortune, Ras & maybe Sammy (if he stays) we have a foursome that can do the trick in the SPL next season, which can be reviewed as the season progresses, but they have to be blended together to get the right balance.

The management/coaching team on the other hand, require some immediate attention.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  13. ian1888

Ten years on and we find ourselves in the same place at about the same time. Remember, we finished 21 points behind. We made the right appointment at the right time and a decade of dominance (should have been even more dominant) proceeded.

If we appoint a half competent manager we can, at the very least, overtake this poor rangers team next season.

14. albashamrock

We need someone who can motivate the players. When MON came in and before the 6-2 game he went round every Celtic player and told them them they could win. TM looks like he can't inspire the same confidence. A lot of people say the players should take the blame on here but if we are chasing the game with 6 attacking players, the team won't have any balance. We could have Larsson, Sutton,Hartson,Pierre,Cadete and Thom playing up front together but with a lack of a mf and df we would get picked off. I don't know any team in world football who plays 6 forwards at 2-0 down, even attacking teams like Barca. I don't think the players are comfortable with this. MON and WGS played players in positions they were comfortable with.

15. ARMALITE

I have always said football is a cycle.
    And hopefully last nights dreadful result is what was needed to wake up everyone concerned and make them realise how bad they realy are.
    They are now just an embarrasment to us fans.

But maybe there is a glimmer of hope for next season. Mowbrey said in his interview last night that maybe this is not the kind of league to play attacking attractive football in especially away from home, we need to set out team out more defencively
    Sounds like this has opened his eyes.

Take the hurt and hang in lads it will get better.

16. bigsteve1967

If it has taken Mowbray so long to realise that then he's a worse manager than I thought. What attractive attacking football have we played this season anyway, I havent seen any to note. The simple thing is that Mowbray isnt up to the job, his tactics and team formations are puzzling, he doesnt appear to have any drive or passion when pitchside. I think the whole referee decisions subject this year has taken the pressure off him and the Board for a bit and given him time but its backfired after last nights capitulation. We will lose the loan players at end of the season, and possibly Boruc and McGeady so whoever comes in to replace Mowbray will need to hit the ground running. The positive thing is that its still possible for us to win the Cup, surely the players will want that and we should still finish 2nd in the league, albeit with a huge diff in points to the Huns. Last night will be the result that sees off Mowbray