1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SACK HIM NOW

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Boom Stick, Mar 24, 2010.

Discuss SACK HIM NOW in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrigan847

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Tony Mowbray post match interview...
    "I just said to the team in the dressing room that I take responsibility," said a shocked Mowbray. "It is not the first time we have lost four goals this season.":31:
    On his future, the manager said: "I don't think we need to get into that.:bbpd: Every time you lose a game at this football club it is disappointing." The former West Bromwich Albion manager subsequently appeared to question his own tactical approach to games. "Maybe breaking it down, we need to play slightly differently away from home," Mowbray said. "We had six strikers on the pitch at the death. Rangers have been very consistent and not lost many goals; maybe that is the way to go. Maybe it isn't a league for trying to force games, maybe it is a league for playing defensive football, negative football, and having quality in attack.
    "In trying to be positive we lost a few goals. I take responsibility. I left some very young defenders exposed but it was done for the right reasons. There were positive reasons why it was a negative result. By trying to get goals back we made positive substitutions. Sometimes it can backfire and you have to take it on the chin.":38:

P45 in the post:47:

2. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team

Lawwell to Mowbray - Look tony were Celtic and were known as the worst club to try and conclude a transfer with.. we usually wait till the LAST day to do business, then spin the media and the fans the line "We did our best and the agent was GREEDY"

* Ramis and St Ledger tony.....Just heard Keane is available...Just think of the EMPTY 25.000 seats we could fill and pull the wool over the GULLABLE fans eyes. ....Mmmmmmmmm while were at it. i must get over to ASIA and buy another slanty eye and open another shop.. cue the $$$$$$ signs in Liarwell`s eyes.

3. paddymcgheesm8

Fav Celtic Player:
    paddy mccourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    eire og
    eh sorry m8 it came out in an interview,and he has 2 backroom staff needing paid.you do the math

4. kennydal

I never make statements like this ,but after watching what i watched tonight ,i would say ta ta to the manager and his team now and give it to Lennon for the rest of the season and then go after the best possible candidate but in the meantime Lennon might be the answer.

5. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    thats out of order mate :38: we are all hurting and the board certainly has its fair share of the blame but no need for that

6. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    my thoughts exactly :50:

7. paddymcgheesm8

Fav Celtic Player:
    paddy mccourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    eire og
    cant be any worse,i spoke to lenny weeks ago and it seems a relationship between him mowbray and grant wasnt there. lennon is a true celtic man. mowbray went down in my estimate with his take it on the chin patter months back

8. Brendan Hughes

Positive reasons, whos he kidding ?

Agree on Lennon till the end of season, see how he does if hes good give him it if hes not get someon in durign teh summer nothing to lose get rid fo 3 clowns, no compensation needed for lennon, lets us see how he will do for a few games

9. Corrigan847

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing

Better get in early make sure i got a seat at the bar :icon_mrgreen:
    Its a disgrace whats happened to the club.. the huns rooked and we hand them 20million in champions league money. this was our chance to sink the *...

10. Boldfenian

You for real?

So what youre saying is..You want Keane (our only striker) to drop in behind the defending midfielders to collect ball from our defence, try and take on the whole St Mirren team on his own...just because he gets paid the most?????

He's a STRIKER..he needs the rest of his team to supply him with chances.

Football is a team game mate..you need youre whole team working to be able to win games. You cant just depend on one player.

Henrik Larsson was one of our best paid players...did you see him in his own half when we were attacking?..no! He was usually up front banging in the goals with the chances that were supplied to him. Something that Keane would do if our players were set up properly.

11. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    Cannot believe the excuses this guy makes. I for 1 am sick of the 'take it on the chin' - Tony we've got no chins left mate, thats if you can even see my face cause i'm staring at the ground in UTTER HUMILIATION

I used to anxiously wait for Tony's post match interview. To be fair win or lose he comes out with the same attitude - focus on the next game. But now its changed to 'I take full resonsibility'. OK so who was responsible for getting beat 2-1 at home by Hibs? 1-0 away to kilmarnock?

Time to turn Responsibility into Accountability.

12. Redbaz

no sense???

Kenny he has done that all year,since I was able to go for the first time this season at home game against St Johnstone,as I was on 2 crutches and struggled to get there,Mcginn played a great game the next week he was dropped,I said to myself then,what is he playing at,and it just carried on from there??? there is just no sense in his messing about selections,outwith injuries:31:

13. Lennon1888

Ye he was LOL.

14. paddymcgheesm8

Fav Celtic Player:
    paddy mccourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    eire og
    larsson done it! enough said!

15. lennon11

slanty eye very wrong rest of post pretty much spot on.

now to the matter in hand Tony get tae, shouldve done the right thing and resigned infront of the ESPN cameras or walked the road home from Paisley no place on the bus for this muppet

TONY DO ONE NOW#! the fans are now losing respect for you as a person not just as the manager,

16. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Has to be Mark Hughes now.....out of work and looking to add to his cv....winning up here means beating one team and then European exposure.He doesnt need the money but needs an ego boost...as do we!

17. kennydal

Listen lads ,i find it hard to pick out individual players aand roast them and tonights game you could pick a good few ,but my point is ,if say its McGeady or Sammi ,they are getting instructions from one person the Manager and when you look at the shape of that whole team ,,its all wrong ,Celtic do have good players and probaly the best players in the league but they have no guidance on how to play as a team ,thats why rangers are top of the league and thats why St Mirren done us tonight ,they played as a unit ,so go easier on the players ,if you pick on one youll be aswell picking on the lot.

18. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Do we target scottish / British type players next season - who do we bring in ??? surely we could bring in Lee Wallace or a Zander Diamond - cos if Josh thompson is a defender i will move to Larkhall...well maybe not....It`s hard to see how we pick up the pieces from here and hit the ground running from day 1.

19. Celtic Yank

I can't believe the message board could be this mad on a day the scumbags in blue were knocked out of the Scottish Cup :bbpd:

20. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye

Couldnt help but laugh at the Political Incorrectness of ur comments mate. St Ledger was always pie in the sky. Ramis deal reeks of a rearanged well known phrase - PISH UTTER.

Those greedy agents get us everytime eh?:54:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.