1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

tony-adams_1126310c.jpg
Adams to Celtic – Rambling Waffle

Martinez, Mowbray, Levein, McGee, Coyle and Bilic. Those are just some of the names linked with the vacant Manager’s position at Celtic Park following on from the resignation of Gordon Strachan.

All of those managers mentioned above have enjoyed success, either at League level, or on the International scene. As such, it was with a mixture of horror and disbelief when we read yesterday’s headlines linking failed ex Wycombe and Portsmouth manager, Tony Adams.

Adams: mystified as a further three points...
289-Mowbray.jpg
Hartson: Mowbray to Play the Celtic Way

Following on from yesterday’s revelations regarding Swansea gaffer Roberto Martinez, and his possible appointment at Celtic Park, Old Bhoy John Hartson has today made his opinion very clear on his preferred choice to succeed Gordon Strachan at the helm.

Although Martinez had been touted as early as last week, few believed the strength of the validity of such claims. However Chairman of the Swans, Huw Jenkins, lifted the lid on the situation regarding Martinez, stating ““I had a call from Peter making me aware that they’d like to talk to Roberto.”

Despite this fact, however, Hartson has touted another Old Bhoy as his favoured option – the man who started the now notorious Celtic huddle, Tony...
martinez_280x390_472536a.jpg
Celtic’s Martinez Interest Confirmed.

Swansea football club today confirmed that Celtic have officially enquired about their manager Roberto Martinez. On a day when Everton gaffer David Moyes removed himself from the equation, the odds on Martinez being Gordon Strachan’s successor look set to plummet.

Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins confirmed that Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell had been in contact, stating:

“I had a call from Peter making me aware that they’d like to talk to Roberto. Like I’ve always done I’ve refused that until I’ve spoken to Roberto myself and talked things through.. I think you’ve got to respect what type of club Celtic are. Naturally, I suppose that interest would require anybody to sit and consider their...
DisplayImage.jpg
Celtic 11 - 4 Tommy Burns XI

Goalscorers:

Celtic: Caldwell 5, 43, McDonald 8, 21, Vennegoor of Hesselink 31, McGeady 49, Donati 53, Ferry 57, Naylor 73, 83, 87

Tommy Burns Select: Cadete 14, Keane 17, Hartson 75, Walker 84

---

Team Line-ups:​

CELTIC (4-3-3) Brown; Flood, Caldwell, O’Dea, Naylor; Donati, Crosas, Maloney; Vennegoor of Hesselink (Ferry 46), McDonald, Samaras (McGeady 46).

TOMMY BURNS SELECT (4-4-2) Bonner (Kerr 37); Boyd (Vata 30, Callaghan 72), McKay (Stubbs 44), Whyte (Baillie 44), McKinlay (Donnelly 60); Burns (Grant 25, Melville 72), Keane (Lambert 25, Feruz 61), Macleod (Johnson 34, Burns 87), Di Canio (Miller 34, McCluskey 61, Lennon 72); Cadete (Walker 54), Van Hooijdonk (Hartson 54).

---...​
Slaven_Bilic_498017a.jpg
Slaven Bilic

Although never having managed at Club level, Croatian legend Bilic boasts a pedigree higher than Celtic’s other candidates to replace Gordon Strachan. As a player, Bilic was renowned for his loyalty following his decision to stay at West Ham United – ensuring they avoided the drop back in 1997. On an International level, he reached both the quarter-final of Euro ’96, as well as the semi-final of the 1998 World Cup.

Bilic has courted controversy throughout his career – ranging from the play-acting debacle that saw Laurent Blanc sent off, missing the World Cup Final as a result, to the frequent suspensions that frustrated his various club bosses –...