Old 23-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #3361
Slaw
News Writer

Credits: 2,551.45
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy pope View Post
Scunthorpe United have already had 2.4m off us when we bought him 400/500k from us making the champs league and looking like could be 1m with us selling him. So Hooper really could have cost us 4m in the end.
4m well spent.
Old 23-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #3362
TAB
Bobby Murdoch

Credits: 2,526.50
I'm quite sure he will be here after this window. I think it's in his best interests as well and I'm not just saying that. If he stays and bags a goal or two in Europe for us, as well as continuing his scoring in the SPL, then surely a bigger club than Norwich will be in for him.

The dream scenario is that a bigger club than Norwich don't come in for him in this window and we manage to get him signing a new contract. I'm pretty confident he'll be here come February.
TAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #3363
kevski82
Celtic Reserves

Credits: 19,642.20
Going to be bricking it on the last day of this window. If some massive offers come in the club will 100% take them, but we'll have no time to line up a replacement.
kevski82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #3364
Ramsay Bolton
John Clark

Credits: 180,770.75
Dont sell him in January unless a ridiculous offer comes in (ie 15 million). Then when the window closes match him with highest earners and say we'll sell him in summer. He would be here till at least summer anyway and might as well pick up the extra 5 or whatever grand a week while he is here.

Then in summer, he'll have a long contract and we get more money for him.
Old 23-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #3365
Moustache
Celtic Reserves

Credits: 11,219.40
I understand that Hoopers a good player, but how much does he realistically want from the club. He'll most likely leave in the summer, so I honestly don't see why he's knocking back what I would imagine would be decent money when he'll probably be gone in 4-5 months.

I would prefer if he done the same as Michu who's signed a contract extension at Swansea (and I wouldn't think a club like Swansea will be offering a huge rise in his wages) despite the fact that a lot of big clubs are looking at him, because at the end of the day he gets some extra money and at the same time the club will get a higher fee for selling him.
Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #3366
Creativecelt
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 42,093.54
Heard from a reliable source that he was offered parity with Ledley and that was turned down.
They say he is looking forward to the Juve game, and is looking for a move in the summer.
just hope he gangs in a a couple of goals in the two legs and raises his asking price in the summer. I would personally play him in the champions league qualifiers as well, then punt to a non europe mid EPL side for a good ammount. 8/9Million.
Creativecelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #3367
Unrepentant
New Celtic Signing

Credits: 1,111.60
Its him or Vic. To be honest I don't think the board have much choice.

We want to keep them both but look at the league we are in, we need the money for further investment (Hopefully). I couldn't criticize the board for selling one of the two for a good amount. I would however be furious if both went.

If Hooper is here come Feb surely he will go for a few million less in the Summer with only 12 months remaining? I.e RVP
Old 23-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #3368
greengrocer
Super Moderator

Credits: 155,463.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrepentant View Post
Its him or Vic. To be honest I don't think the board have much choice.

We want to keep them both but look at the league we are in, we need the money for further investment (Hopefully). I couldn't criticize the board for selling one of the two for a good amount. I would however be furious if both went.

If Hooper is here come Feb surely he will go for a few million less in the Summer with only 12 months remaining? I.e RVP
Not in this window. Both will be sold in the summer, that is for sure. But both will be Celtic players come Feb 1st.
"As the police match commander at Old Trafford, I would like to pass on my thanks to those Celtic fans who came to support their club in the finest traditions of genuine football fans, and ambassadors of Glasgow."
greengrocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #3369
AwesomeCaz
Jim Craig

Credits: 22,177.85
I think it's fairly obvious what is happening. Hooper wants to stay til summe,r tp pick up hopefully 3 more medals and go as far as he can in the CL, prove himself even more and maybe get 100 goals for Celtic, then get his dream move to the prem, and by then he will be able to get a bigger and better team.

And Hooper's agent wants has told him to reject the new contract extension because he's thinking long term, if he runs his contract down then Hooper can go someone for free and his agents gets a huge signing on bonus.

Either way i'm positive we'll keep him until the summer.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #3370
Lecs
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 30,261.70
As much as I rate Hooper, I don't see him doing that well in the premiership. He will probably go to Norwich in the summer, and they are really mediocre in the EPL, they get pumped 5-0 off the top 6 teams now and then, I think he will get a decent amount of goals but not enough to get an England call up. He will only maybe get 1 chance per game with Norwich, at Celtic he probably gets 3-5 chances at goal per game.
Old 23-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #3371
Celtic abu
Banned!

Credits: 42,128.00
Give the man his money!

Then sell him in the summer if he still wants to go
Celtic abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #3372
Larsson93
Celtic Hero

Credits: 15,393.00
Get him to sign a new deal that puts him on par with Ledley and Brown with a release clause of 12mil.

Or as suggested earlier send Vic and Fraser around to his house.
Larsson93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #3373
smithy18
Jim Craig

Credits: 3,625.90
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeCaz View Post
I think it's fairly obvious what is happening. Hooper wants to stay til summe,r tp pick up hopefully 3 more medals and go as far as he can in the CL, prove himself even more and maybe get 100 goals for Celtic, then get his dream move to the prem, and by then he will be able to get a bigger and better team.

And Hooper's agent wants has told him to reject the new contract extension because he's thinking long term, if he runs his contract down then Hooper can go someone for free and his agents gets a huge signing on bonus.

Either way i'm positive we'll keep him until the summer.
his agent is changing after this transfer window so i'd say it's more his current agent looking for a big pay day before he changes to new agents who will probably give him better advice
Old 23-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #3374
AwesomeCaz
Jim Craig

Credits: 22,177.85
Is he? I never knew players had contracts with agents, thought they could just hire/fire them when they wanted.

No matter, i'm sure Hoops will still be here for the summer. Just need to hope we reach the CL final to convince him to sign on!
Old 24-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #3375
NorwichFan
New Celtic Signing

Credits: 1,143.65
For those that are interested...amazing Norwich transfer news....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

since we don't create too many chances, we thought it must be unlikely that Kei Kamara could repeat this:
NorwichFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
benchwarmer, bestsincehenke, boss of bosses, consistently consistent, engurland, fuck him, goal king, hooper, hooperman, judas, miss those white teeth, on the bench aye?, pleasecomeback, poor man's griffiths, poor man's thumb, sooper, super hooper, super sub, welbeck's a donkey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: