Go Back   TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum > Sport > Scottish Football

Old 08-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
Raven
RIP Po :-(

Credits: 109,634.15
What's wrong with this country?

I had Huns shake my hand tonight but tell me Neil Lennon was a cunt. Expected I suppose.

I had Aberdeen fans(male and female) shake my hand tonight but tell me that they still think Neil Lennon is a fucking wanker.

I had a Falkirk fan congratulate me on Celtic winning the league but as soon as we stopped shaking hands he told me how much he still hated Neil Lennon.

What the fuck is wrong with this place?? What has Neil Lennon done to provoke this level of hatred???

I know this subject has been discussed 100 times but it just makes me so sad to see the level of hatred that normally sensible people have for Neil Lennon.

What the fuck did he do??????
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Raven

Neil Lennon might as well be Joseph Stalin. If he murdered millions of people he'd be just as popular. Fuck sakes.

I'd go to war for that man. It's fucking shit the way that man is thought of.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
kris_bhoy_1916
Bobby Murdoch

Credits: 339.85
I dunno I have to put up with it as well from Dundee and Dundee utd fans. I don't think they know the whole story behind Lennon and his time here in scotland. Maybe they just assume that he's really evil because of how much the Huns go on about and the way they treat him. They might read/follow the Hun media papers opinions on him to me they only look at one side of the story, anyway fuck them we don't care what the animals say.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_bhoy_1916 View Post
I dunno I have to put up with it as well from Dundee and Dundee utd fans. I don't think they know the whole story behind Lennon and his time here in scotland. Maybe they just assume that he's really evil because of how much the Huns go on about and the way they treat him. They might read/follow the Hun media papers opinions on him to me they only look at one side of the story, anyway fuck them we don't care what the animals say.
You're right mate. Most of the time I do ignore what cunts say. But it just is getting to me the way that fans of EVERY team in Scotland hate Neil Lennon.

It's just fucking horrible. It upsets me man, it honestly does.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
bkk bhoy
Celtic First Team

Credits: 45,960.40
why are you wasting your time trying to understand the mind of a moron ..

why shake their hand ( guess u realised later )

they hate the fact that he is a self made man who has risen to great achievements... something they will never do

before you can have respect for another you must first respect yourself and these pricks are incapable

go celebrate mate,,, knowing it hurts them makes it all the sweeter
bkk bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
kris_bhoy_1916
Bobby Murdoch

Credits: 339.85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markybhoy View Post
You're right mate. Most of the time I do ignore what cunts say. But it just is getting to me the way that fans of EVERY team in Scotland hate Neil Lennon.

It's just fucking horrible. It upsets me man, it honestly does.
Annoys me too mate but we will always have the last laugh .

Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #7
CelticBhoyDavid
Ronnie Simpson

Credits: 75,510.30
Annoys the fuck out of me as well on why he's hated so much.

For some reason Lennon's a hate figure for the majority of opposing fans. When it comes to the filth we all know why they hate him and it's all to do with bigotry and racism and it's probably that way for a good few other fans of certain teams as well.

When it comes to others, though, who knows. Maybe it's because he has a backbone. Maybe it's because he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Maybe it's because he doesn't take things lying down. For some reason maybe they don't like all of that.

One thing I do believe though is that the Scottish media have had a massive hand in building up this reputation that Lennon has been given. The majority of the time we see him in the papers or on the web sites they portray him to be this snarling, bad tempered, trouble-making man-baby that throws his toys out his pram all the time. Opposing fans refuse to believe that he is anything but what the media portray him to be and they don't see the intelligent, quick-witted and honest man that Lennon actually is.

Lennon wasn't a hate figure until he came to Scotland and even Andy Walker said last year that he has NEVER seen a player/manager so demonised the way Lennon has been since moving to Scotland.

The opposing fans have been reading what the Scottish media have been feeding them for 12 years so they are now believing their own shit. The majority of them will probably never change their minds about Lennon and in all honesty I don't think he will lose any sleep over it because he has had the last laugh this season and will hopefully have many more to come.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
B/FAST HOOPY
Gold Member

Credits: 27,917.80
1 he is from the NORTH of IRELAND
2 he is from a the staunch republican/nationalist area of lurgan
3 he is a catholic
4 he was a celtic fan
5 he played for and captained celtic who were very successful
6 HE IS A WINNER

plenty more to arsed to type/hungover
Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
StibyBhoy
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 15,366.35
Lassie on work that doesn't even bother with football says he is a wanker too, it;s obviously the way he has been portrayed in the media, think they have drip fed it into the masses.

It's ridiculous, but you know what?, he doesn't give a fuck and it makes him all the more determined.
StibyBhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
smithy18
Jim Craig

Credits: 3,625.90
simple timmy doesn't know his place. they don't like it when some body sticks up for himself and fights the corrupted establishment add the qualities of being a irish catholic and it provokes the bigot inside of them to come out
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
10/4 Kemosabe
Celtic Hero

Credits: 185,778.40
I asked a couple of Dundee Utd fans why they hated him yesterday. They didnt know, said he was too aggressive but didnt have examples, said he was always in trouble with the SFA, I said so was Craig Levein and he isnt as hated.

I think the media has done such a job in demonising him now that his image will always be that of a hate figure. Until the public realise that the papers are full of shit he will never get a fair crack.

Even had a fan saying he was celebrating too much yesterday ffs!!

I dont care what anyone says, fuck them.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
pablo88
R.I.P bro x

Credits: 169,415.85
fuck all the haters GBNL
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Kennydal
Jock Stein

Credits: 63,701.13
He has stood up for himself against the establishment and everything else that comes with it ,He is an in your face sort of a guy and says it how it is ,he takes no prisoners regardless of who they are on any subject and if you put this altogether you will get the answer to why he is hated ,Some don't like to hear the truth .

A big fuck you to them all because the man has morals and a tongue and he will be heard .
Kennydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
obonfanti1888
John Clark

Credits: 110,707.15
Jealousy. Pure and utter jealously. They WISH they had a manager so dedicated and passionate.

And they're plenty of gullible morons who believe everything they read in the papers.

Fuck 'em. We love Neil Lennon and nothing anyone says will ever change that.

edit: plus, I reckon some Scottish people don't like the fact that the treatment of Neil exposes the latent hostility that some people in "the best wee country in the world" have towards Catholics and Irish people; and to be fair its certainly not just Rangers fans. His face doesn't fit and they don't like being told some harsh truths about themselves.

Last edited by obonfanti1888; 08-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
obonfanti1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
tommybhoy6
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 16,309.55
He's doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks of him.

My mate and I were pished after the game yesterday so decided to hang an Ireland flag in a tree across the road.

85 year old neighbour comes out asking what we are doing and why we are doing it. We asked if we were doing anything wrong and she said "yes" and told us to take it down.

We told her we haven't done anything illegal.

Literally about 5 minutes later the cops show up and take it down. All the while looking over at my house in a row of four. So I go out and hang a Celtic top off the car in my driveway.

The cops come and asked me if it's mine and if I wanted it back. I said what makes you think it's mine? They said "well you can pick it up at the police station" I said fine.

The neighbour then comes across saying it wasn't her that phoned them. The cops were even saying it's silly that someone can be offended by a flag. We just said we knew they had better things to get on with so went to head back inside.

The neighbour then goes on a rant about not knowing what flag it was but it offended her!!!

Even the cops were asking why it offended her. Bottom line was she's a bigot.

Shitehole of a country where people get offended by flags. Funnily enough she wasn't offended when the other neighbours draped their windows and cars with union jacks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: