Go Back   TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum > Sport > Beat the Bookie

Old 16-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Laurz_1888
New Celtic Signing

Credits: 859.15
5 fold bet from 8 selections...how does it work....help!!!! have i won??

Hi

Basically I think I have a winning bet but there is some debate of how the odds will work, I have searched and searched all over the net and all I find is a five fold = 5 selections all have to be correct to gain a return....however..... I have a coupon with 8 selections and a 5 fold bet and the coupon has on it 56x0.75 so basically I put 42 on it.

So does a five fold mean I just need 5 out of 8 right and the 56x0.75 is the amount of combinations needed for the bet to be covered. The bottom of the coupon says "if all selections are correct you will recive 880.64" and the debate is that this return is the absoloute maximum odds? So I am completely lost ..... this is because I usually put on accumulators but got told I will only need 5 right to win and I always come close so thought I was on to a sure thing.

So I need a life saver to explain this to me

Cheers
Laurz_1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
pod
Banned!

Credits: 112,922.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurz_1888 View Post
Hi

Basically I think I have a winning bet but there is some debate of how the odds will work, I have searched and searched all over the net and all I find is a five fold = 5 selections all have to be correct to gain a return....however..... I have a coupon with 8 selections and a 5 fold bet and the coupon has on it 56x0.75 so basically I put 42 on it.

So does a five fold mean I just need 5 out of 8 right and the 56x0.75 is the amount of combinations needed for the bet to be covered. The bottom of the coupon says "if all selections are correct you will recive 880.64" and the debate is that this return is the absoloute maximum odds? So I am completely lost ..... this is because I usually put on accumulators but got told I will only need 5 right to win and I always come close so thought I was on to a sure thing.

So I need a life saver to explain this to me

Cheers
This is correct. If you get only five (out of eight) correct, you only have one fivefold. If its 6, you have 6 paying lines. 7 out of 8 means 21 paying lines and 8 correct will give you 56. In order to get your money back I would reckon you would need at least 6 correct. You will make a profit with 7 correct and win a fair bit if you get them all right.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Laurz_1888
New Celtic Signing

Credits: 859.15
Aaaah right I see. I get it now thanks a lot for ur help, will probs be a small win. Am waiting for 2 games tomorrow which will make 7 correct as Man U Fcked it today :o(
Laurz_1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
nevnor
Gold Member

Credits: 599,178.94
If you have a five fold surely it's based on the
stake,so what is the five fold stake.
good luck with the other two games
nevnor is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: