Go Back   TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum > TalkCeltic > Celtic Chat

Old 17-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #391
Gabriel
Jim Craig

Credits: 328,852.90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sween View Post
How would such a conspiracy work then? Do they hand-pick referees from when they are starting out to be anti-celtic or are they indoctrinated as they come through the ranks? Is every official in or it, and who exactly are the people behind it?

Most importantly of all, why are they so bad at conspiring so we dont win. They keep messing up, giving us offside goals, and letting us win 16 games on the bounce. Surely they must try harder!
I dont think it would be that difficult to find referees in Scotland that dont like Celtic.

Considering FIFAs benefit of the doubt rule on the lack of TV replays given to the officials then I think it would be difficult to call Hoopers goal offside. From your posts you seem to believe that they are cheating in our favour by giving us offside goals.

By contrast the penalty given against us was not a close call decision with any benefit of the doubt rule.
Gabriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #392
og1
Celtic Reserves

Credits: 14,478.70
For most of its history the SFA has employed people who if asked who do they prefer Rangers or Celtic, they would pick Rangers. Simple.

I think over the years that most of the bad decisions given against us/for them, have been given by lone rangers (pun intended), what i mean is that the problem is with one official who has either consciously or sub-consciously treated us or other teams unfairly to the benefit of rangers. I suspect that we will always be subjected to the odd "honest mistake", costing us. The list of these "honest mistakes" is long and also very difficult to prove.

At the same time there is evidence that the SFA have conspired against us. Dallas, Dougie, Farey etc. Lies and cover ups by the governing body has been proven in these cases. Proven. I honestly find it hard to believe that some fans are "fed up with the conspiracy nonsense". No club should ever have to put up with conspiracy nonsense because no institution should ever conspire against a football club.

For far too long we have taken this crab on the chin and if we dont act then we will not change what needs changing. There has to be sporting integrity otherwise what is the point?
og1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #393
Minty
Mon' the hoops

Credits: 128,079.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dáibhí View Post
It may just be me, but I think the whole conspiracy deal is getting a bit old. As with a lot of things, it's being overused, and is providing certain people with excuses for the team simply not being good enough.
We are champions.

Quote:

It seems that every time we lose it's down to involvement from someone not affiliated with the club, and those people are usually labelled as "Huns".
There are plenty of matches we've lost that have been no-one's fault but our own.
Quote:

Every questionable decision against us is scrutinised beyond belief. Truth be told, I'd be shitting myself if I was working any of our games as an official. One mistake and you're a "Hun" and you have your name dragged through the mud.
You're being unfair to our support here. We are all mature enough to realise that officials make errors.
Quote:

The worst of it all for me is that the protagonist seems to be our club manager. I can understand this kind of talk from fans, media members and ex-players, but the club manager should carry himself with a level of respect and behave in a way befitting the job he's in.
I have no problems with the way Lennon has behaved. He stands up for himself and airs his opinion, there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:

Jock Stein would be turning in his grave if he could see the way that the manager of our club was behaving, and would more than likely have a few choice words for him.
Nonsense.
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #394
ILoveTheCeltic
Jimmy Johnstone

Credits: 9,287.50
They should lie detector test Referees after every game
Test Guy "Do you hate Celtic"
Hugh Dallas "No"

Old 18-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #395
Ache
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 24,174.85
So it's come out that Euan Norris has had a season ticket for Ibrokes for years that his family now use since he's become grade 1. Consider me fucking super suprised
Old 18-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #396
Boldfenian
Celtic Youth Team

Credits: 16,988.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ache View Post
So it's come out that Euan Norris has had a season ticket for Ibrokes for years that his family now use since he's become grade 1. Consider me fucking super suprised
Where did you hear this mate? Somewhere I can read about it?
Boldfenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #397
Boldfenian
Celtic Youth Team

Quote:
Tried looking for some info on this on google and funnily enough, this came up http://videocelts.com/2011/11/blogs/...-rangers-again
Old 18-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #398
ILoveTheCeltic
Jimmy Johnstone

Credits: 9,287.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldfenian View Post
Tried looking for some info on this on google and funnily enough, this came up http://videocelts.com/2011/11/blogs/...-rangers-again
http://videocelts.com/2011/08/blogs/...ing-statistics

Another one they wrote about him too.
Old 18-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #399
Boldfenian
Celtic Youth Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveTheCeltic View Post

Well if its consistancy we're looking for from referees, then this cunt is as consistant as they come by the looks of it...consistantly denies us pens and consistantly awards the huns and teams playing against us spot kicks...the facts are there to see and have been for a while by the looks of it..maybe I'm just para eh?
Old 18-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #400
coachjvw
New Celtic Signing

Credits: 5,398.75
The more worrying thing for me is that when manager/coach/players keep claiming that something beyond their control (refereeing decisions) is causing them to lose important matches then they do not really take responsibility for their performance/effort/result. If they do not take responsibility for these things - then they will not improve. That worries me the most. How does this young side get better when the cause of a mediocre/poor performance is glossed over and attributed to poor refereeing decisions ?
coachjvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #401
Ache
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 24,174.85
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjvw View Post
The more worrying thing for me is that when manager/coach/players keep claiming that something beyond their control (refereeing decisions) is causing them to lose important matches then they do not really take responsibility for their performance/effort/result. If they do not take responsibility for these things - then they will not improve. That worries me the most. How does this young side get better when the cause of a mediocre/poor performance is glossed over and attributed to poor refereeing decisions ?
No offence mate, but if you read the thread that's been used as an argument about a hundred times already. The team shouldn't have to contend with these other factors when we don't play at 100%. If there had been no dodgy decisions in the last few games we probably would have won them and no one would be blaming Lennon or the team for anything. We were cheated and when someone is cheating against you it makes it difficult to win the match no matter how well or how bad you play.

@BoldFenian: The Euan Norris thing is a Celtic Underground retweet mate.
Old 18-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #402
GazF1888
Celtic Hero

Credits: 86,451.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveTheCeltic View Post

5 penalties in 3 games. The ICT ones were ridiculous, as were some of the calls in that Hearts game last season. Norris - Consistently favouring Rangers, and going against Celtic. Must just be 'shite refereeing' though!
Old 18-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #403
greengrocer
Super Moderator

Credits: 157,244.40
Quote:
I usually hate these stories but my aunt has worked in the next desk from Euan Norris (and a few other refs) and they were all rangers fans. So when it comes to refs in the SPL, you would say out of the 6 games played in a weekend schedule, about 4 will be rangers fans.
"As the police match commander at Old Trafford, I would like to pass on my thanks to those Celtic fans who came to support their club in the finest traditions of genuine football fans, and ambassadors of Glasgow."
greengrocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #404
GazF1888
Celtic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrocer View Post
I usually hate these stories but my aunt has worked in the next desk from Euan Norris (and a few other refs) and they were all rangers fans. So when it comes to refs in the SPL, you would say out of the 6 games played in a weekend schedule, about 4 will be rangers fans.
That's no surprise. The SFA are run by Rangers men (half of them used to play for the club ffs), they employ Rangers men and most of the country support Rangers too, those are facts.
Old 18-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #405
GazF1888
Celtic Hero

http://i43.tinypic.com/wi1ydi.gif

http://i41.tinypic.com/21ozw3c.gif

Black not being sent off is probably just as bad as the penalty call(s). To be fair, the linesman didn't have a good view of that clear handball!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: