Old 16-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #196
thailandceltic
Tommy Gemmell

Credits: 50,366.30
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemc View Post
I love lenny and hope we become a stronger team under his leadership but simple mathematics proves our team are not true winners yet , we are missing a strong leader at the back cb ,chico is good but we need a ball winning cb .

In mf we need a mccourt and mcgeoch rolled into one to be the focul point of our attack ,the maestro.

up front we all know we need a hartson with a wee bit more pace, we have been in the position to pick up 7 trophies under lenny and for lots of reasons we have picked up only 2 , i think no one needs to say we must do better ,thats obvious , we are trying to use craft to break down teams when good old fashioned blood and guts and get the ball in early and some one will make a c@nt of it and we score , these teams are not that great but we make them better by allowing them time to organise with our studied build up .
Sorry mate but simple mathematics says we are the best in Scotland and deserved WINNERS of the SPL. Im not saying by a million miles we are the finished article nor a great team by any imagination. There is a lot of work to be done to totally dominate Scotland and compete in Europe but I refuse to accept this "bottler tag" spouted by the hun meeja. Why are rangers not "bottlers"???? cup exists to Falkirk and DU at home? Knocked out of 2 European cups? Gave up a 15 point lead? oh I forgot they have the lovable cheeky chappy coisty in charge

Look there is a lot of work to be done but we are going in the right direction.

thailandceltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #197
joemc
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 37,905.55
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBhoyDavid View Post
So Lennon is really just to become a "cliche manager" then just to please the media and the press? Fuck that.

This is another reason why the SFA/media/press don't like Lennon - because he doesn't play by their "rules" and speaks his mind and isn't in the usual mould of their puppet.

Lennon doesn't have to do much to give them what they need anyway. He gets chastised no matter what he does.

Which is what they done which resulted in winning the league title.
You are missing my point ,sometimes you can say more by saying nothing ,he is playing into thier hands by being portrayed in a way that feeds the hate mob and gives them the story they need to sell thier shite, its all irrelivent anyway as its hard to be something your not and he wears his heart on his sleave .
Wot im trying to say is think smarter with them , mon could talk for an hour and give them nothing,wgs used his wit with them and could make them look stupid, as for us winning the league , my theory is its silverware, you enter to win regardless of wot they mean.
Old 16-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #198
croppyobhoy
Banned!

Credits: 3,334.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Penguin View Post
1. So what if we are not the winners of both cups the league is far more important.

2. The SPL is far from League Of Ireland Standard.

3. We didn't win the cups because we were very unlucky. They are one off games in which anything can happen and if the refs did their jobs we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
Here we go again with the rant, refs lost us the games, if you go out and play your best team and score more goals than the opposition then hey presto, WIN
croppyobhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #199
rudebhoy67
Celtic Bench Warmer

Credits: 14,447.60
It's fair to say the team hasn't turned up for some big games but "bottlers" is very harsh and another of those things that the football media in this country love to continually repeat when talking about us.

Last season Rangers lost to us in a new year fixture on their own patch, couldn't beat us in a cup game on their own patch despite us playing with 10 men for most of the game, lost the subsequent replay while their players were losing their heads and were then completely whitewashed at Celtic park in the league. So far this season they have lost to mediocre opposition in european qualifiers, lost to a 1st division side in one cup then lost at home in the other and lost what was probably the most important OF game of this season to relinquish top spot. Yet never once have I seen thie same accusation of "bottlers" aimed at Rangers.

We ARE still essentially a young team that is not the finished article yet, Not far away though, with a young management staff just really cutting their teeth in one of the most pressurised jobs in british football. They have only been together for a couple of seasons but won 2 trophies, competed in 2 other finals and were only a poor decision away from another and were only 1 point away from the league last year against a team full of experience that had been together for 3 or 4 years with one of the most experienced managers in the business.

"bottlers" no. young and still learning, yes.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #200
CharlieMulgrini
Celtic Reserves

Credits: 5,840.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudebhoy67 View Post
It's fair to say the team hasn't turned up for some big games but "bottlers" is very harsh and another of those things that the football media in this country love to continually repeat when talking about us.

Last season Rangers lost to us in a new year fixture on their own patch, couldn't beat us in a cup game on their own patch despite us playing with 10 men for most of the game, lost the subsequent replay while their players were losing their heads and were then completely whitewashed at Celtic park in the league. So far this season they have lost to mediocre opposition in european qualifiers, lost to a 1st division side in one cup then lost at home in the other and lost what was probably the most important OF game of this season to relinquish top spot. Yet never once have I seen thie same accusation of "bottlers" aimed at Rangers.

We ARE still essentially a young team that is not the finished article yet, Not far away though, with a young management staff just really cutting their teeth in one of the most pressurised jobs in british football. They have only been together for a couple of seasons but won 2 trophies, competed in 2 other finals and were only a poor decision away from another and were only 1 point away from the league last year against a team full of experience that had been together for 3 or 4 years with one of the most experienced managers in the business.

"bottlers" no. young and still learning, yes.

that's a powerful way to look at it.... but they are bottlers, tho - come on. How many big games have the players not stood up? Ref decisions can only cover some of that... the players are young and learning and must get stronger mentally.

Positive for me is that the players will still feel that they have unfinished business and things to prove, after getting pumped out of both cups at late stages. This is good for our club. In the long run.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #201
nevnor
Gold Member

Credits: 217,163.15
Any opinions changed?
nevnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #202
pLUSpISTOL
Gold Member

Credits: 26,068.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronven View Post
Any opinions changed?
Fuck off.

Why do people bring these stupid old threads up?
pLUSpISTOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #203
Smileyy
Tommy Gemmell

Credits: 52,034.05
We never win the big games
Smileyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #204
BigWilly
Banned!

Credits: 181,146.20
This team will never succeed in Europe
BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #205
Mystic Penguin
Bobby Lennox

Credits: 745,845.30
I was right.
Mystic Penguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #206
JC-X
Banned!

Credits: 3,248.90
Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
Fuck off.

Why do people bring these stupid old threads up?
To prove a point. Haha.
JC-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #207
The Spider
Anderson Silva

Credits: 2,437.85
We'll probably lose tomorrow
Old 08-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #208
Gargamel
Tony Benn

Credits: 93,533.15
Earlier in this thread someone said we do well as underdogs, but bottle it as favourites. Not that I agree, but apart from the Helsinki games that is a point that can still be argued, so there's life in this thread yet!
Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #209
TimMalloyBhoy
Celtic First Team

Credits: 12,931.50
Gloating against your own kind.

''I was right, look at me look at me''

Pathetic!!

TimMalloyBhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #210
ILoveTheCeltic
Jimmy Johnstone