PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Cadete....

steviebhoy719
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi, I was hoping that you could help and maybe check out and Like this FB page and possibly help spread it around - Bring Jorge Cadete Back To Celtic FC (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Jorge-Cadete-Back-To-Celtic-FC/469429029757790) There will be videos, pics and chat about some great memories. Thanks :-) Jorge Cadete, former Sporting Lisbon, Celtic and Portugal international striker was one of the most lethal finishers in the game. Join us in our attempts to bring Jorge back to Celtic and use his experience to teach the current players at Celtic Football Club, from the first team to the youth teams.

Dáibhí
01-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Has Cadete done any coaching since retiring?

Padmill
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Has Cadete done any coaching since retiring?

Don't know about coaches, but I definitely heard he was driving buses :50:

schu
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Unfortunately Jorge does not have an easy life now....maybe he spent more than he could in the years after football and as been struggling with financial problems and is now trying to get a job as a coach in Angola.

http://www.lux.iol.pt/nacionais/jorge-cadete-procura-trabalho-em-angola-jorge-cadete-cadete-trabalho-angola/1365816-4996.html

monthehoops2011
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Are u Jorge Cadete by any chance mate?

I'm joking of course :) One of the best strikers ever to wear the hoops but you can't just offer jobs to all the ex players because they've spent all their millions!!

There are plenty good young Scottish coaches bursting their arse to get a good career who have never been given the opportunities Cadete had. A good player doesn't alway make a good coach, infact half of the top players probably couldn't explain how they do what they do!!

Good luck to him though!!

moravcik1888
01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Jorge Cadete was a brilliant finisher, and he came to Celtic at a time when we had been watching a lot of shite for years. After Biggins, Cascarino, Falconer ect. this guy was a hero but didnt stay long enough to become a real Celtic legend like Larsson. That was a pity because he was a great out and out goal scorer.

He's always welcome at Parkhead, good luck with your mission to bring him back!!!

schu
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
He also played in my Benfica, but he was never as good as he was in Celtic, and with our national squad he wasnt very lucky scoring only 4 or 5 goals.

monthehoops2011
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Did he not score a hat trick against Scotland when McCoist broke his leg? :icon_mrgreen:

schu
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
he scored twice agaisnt Scotland, in the 1994 WC Qualifiers.

Rossenspeil
01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Never scored an old firm goal and bolted the 1st chance he got.

I think he was a good striker, but doesn't deserve the great status of some other legendary Celtic strikers that he is often afforded.

Towardinho
01-09-2012, 09:34 PM

I think he was a good striker, but doesn't deserve the great status of some other legendary Celtic strikers that he is often afforded.

this :50:

albashamrock
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Actually he did. :icon_mrgreen:

Cadete - YouTube

Not given though

Rossenspeil
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Cadete - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6oLWdYd1zk)

Not given though

so he didn't ..

albashamrock
01-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Yep. Agree is is not worthy of being mentioned with a lot of other Celts. In the TB era, Pierre probably done more just by scoring the goal that won us our first trophy in years.

Paul McAuley
02-09-2012, 03:19 AM

Not given though

honest mistake timmy!!

Rossenspeil
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Yep. Agree is is not worthy of being mentioned with a lot of other Celts. In the TB era, Pierre probably done more just by scoring the goal that won us our first trophy in years.

Pierre acted the cunt at the end up as well, but was a better all round striker for me and did pretty well against the huns.

Strange that Cadete always seems to be remembered more fondly.

Mr_T
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Can only comment on his time with us, and boy could that lad finish!!

Murph-E
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Love Jorge Cadete! I'd be happy to see him come in as a coach.

martin_d
02-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Pierre acted the cunt at the end up as well, but was a better all round striker for me and did pretty well against the huns.

Strange that Cadete always seems to be remembered more fondly.

I preferred Van Hooijdonk too.

'There's only one Piehhrr...'

Sean Daleer
02-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Agreed. In the same camp as Di Canio and Van Hoojidonk for me, gets far too much praise imo.

A very good goalscorer no doubt but never showed enough commitment to be considered amongst the goods, never mind the greats or legends.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks to everyone for replying. I know the three amigos are still a touchy subject for alot of people and I can understand your views. I just know that there alot of people who think this guy was a damn good striker. If you dont want to join I can understand that, if you fancy it then please do. It will just really be a place to share photos, video and talk about those days etc.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
To Murph-E - LOVE that pic of The Miz!!!!

Murph-E
02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
To Murph-E - LOVE that pic of The Miz!!!!

Haha he's still the man. Like the Facebook page, sad to hear Jorge Cadete's hit bad financial times.

Belfast-hoops
02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Wish him all the best but there are ex players out there who would be more deserving of a position at Celtic park tbh.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently wrote an article for a website run by a friend of mine called the 90 minute cynic. The article is about my favourite player Jorge Cadete and Celtic's 1996/97 season trying to stop the 9 in a row. I'd really appreciate if you could check it out and let me know what you think. I know there is still some bad blood about how it all ended with thim but this about my personal opinion of why he was favourite player. I'd appreciate any feedback.

http://90minutecynic.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/jorge-cadete-the-portuguese-predator/#more-720

You can follow them on Twitter @90minutecynic

Thanks

Hail Hail

Rieper
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Enjoyable read, I was only 10/11 when Cadete played for Celtic so don't remember too much about him as I didn't start attending games until 99/00 Season but I remember how much my Mum rated him and Big Pierre. Everybody has their favourite for a variety of reasons and regardless of how his Celtic career ended I'm sure he is remembered fondly by the support.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks alot for reading, I appreciate that. I can understand why some people are still bitter about it but like you said, we all have our favourites.

marco1888
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
I loved jorge cadete he was my fave player too.he was a truly world class finisher

Sean Daleer
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Good read.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why you hold him in higher esteem than Henke or other modern Celts but it's all about opinions at the end of the day.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM
He certainly was. If you like you can check out and Like this FB page and possibly help spread it around - Bring Jorge Cadete Back To Celtic FC (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Jorge-Cadete-Back-To-Celtic-FC/469429029757790) There will be videos, pics and chat about some great memories. Thanks :-) Jorge Cadete, former Sporting Lisbon, Celtic and Portugal international striker was one of the most lethal finishers in the game. Join us in our attempts to bring Jorge back to Celtic and use his experience to teach the current players at Celtic Football Club, from the first team to the youth teams.

steviebhoy719
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
@Sean Daleer, I know, it sounds strange. Its just a personal opinion, everyone remember what first attracted them to football. Its a great memory that I hold on to (along with all the other that Henrik and the others gave us)

butch
02-09-2012, 10:07 PM
jorge was a great player, but as I remember celtic players where all wanting more money he was named as one of the three amigos, jorge had woman trouble and had 2 families to keep and i think this changed his perception in life, with any other board he might have got what he wanted but he bumped into a wee guy they called the bunnet, and he would not give them one thin dime extra. they made there move, and i believe out the 3 Jorge fared out the worse for a new deal and a new team he return to parkhead and tryed to win a place in the team but that fell through.

AwesomeCaz
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Not given though

How the cunting arsewank was that given as offside!!!!!!

packybhoy
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Need you ask this question?

albashamrock
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM

It wasn't the only time. I remember a game at Firhill when we played Allloa or Clydebank in the LC where he was given offside from a cut back.